Entry for Feb 2018's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
http://www.projectguitar.com/forums/topic/49215-guitar-of-the-month-february-2018

westhemann

Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

Only thing is, now this house is going to have 5 doors with barely 900 square feet. I'm going to have to remove some doors.

Luckily, the removal of this partial exterior wall is going to give me a lot of tiles to re-use where I frame in doors. I know most people would just leave them, but they are everywhere and really affect how I can arrange the house, as well as being extremely thermally inefficient.

There are windows I need to remove as well, for the same reasons. This house was built to be able to open windows/doors and get a cross breeze going, which actually works... but I remember how cold it got sometimes and how every winter we were nailing up plastic over all the windows and doors.

Not going to do that. Five doors in 900 square feet is three doors too many. Also, every doorframe and windowframe is a potential entry for moisture that requires constant maintenance.

The doors I keep will be getting outer insulated glass doors, and the windows will also be getting shutters.

Or do you mean the one I'm talking about building? 

I'm reconsidering that. When I think about all the stuff I have to do building a door seems like something I could do without, or at least put in a regular door and get fancy later.

The weather is kind of ass-adjacent today, but as I was going to sleep last night I thought I should re-use some of the deck boards from the greenhouse I tore down, so I started on that so I wouldn't forget. They are treated wood, but I'm going to paint them anyway, probably with that garage floor epoxy everyone uses these days, or maybe even truck bed liner. 

For sure though, I'll need to get my conex moved over pretty soon so I can extend that roof on that side, because deck boards aren't going to do a damn thing to keep water out.

20180210_144251.jpg

6 hours ago, westhemann said:

The weather went from ass-adjacent to pure ass.

I'll say. These last few weeks it seems like the best day of the week is followed by the worst day of the week.

SR

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ScottR said:

I'll say. These last few weeks it seems like the best day of the week is followed by the worst day of the week.

SR

+1

This stuff is amazingly tasty, but it's tough to enjoy the flavor with all the heat.

These people take a habanero as a challenge. Apparently subtlety is not their thing.

20180214_122433.jpg

We have that all of the time and the heat is fine. Excellent, I'd say. Are you drinking it or something? The chipotle version is pretty nice as well. In fact, I'm lashing that on my Tex-Mex-y lasagna this evening.

This is how much I went through on my noodles yesterday.

Anyway, I'm getting the feeling subtlety is not your strongpoint either. Lol.I'd say the original tabasco has the perfect heat, the habanero too much. Habanero should be used for it's flavor, not as a hammer for your tongue.

20180215_113716.jpg

Taste is awesome for sure.

Yes I realize you are making fun of my description of the Toki whiskey, but if you haven't had it you can't talk. So there.

In Texas we like to sprinkle tabasco on a sandwich or taco, take a bite, and do it again. We don't really just mix it into ingredients before cooking.

Over in Finland you guys probably use it on sardines and call that Tex-Mex, don't you?

Don't you?

Be honest. You do.

Not making fun at all. I agree though; haven't tried it so I can't comment. Whiskies do develop some weird flavours though, and often it takes you several visits to the bottle to figure out exactly what it is your brain is telling you that you're smelling and/or tasting. Jura whiskies are strange like that. Cereal-y, butterscotch-y things up front but some odd things at the back.

Nope, it's a condiment here too. Nina and myself have odd tastes compared to a lot of Finns though. I hate sardines. I do however make killer quesadillas. My guacamole is legendary too.

I love good guacamole. A bag of corn chips(salted), some bad ass guac and some good home made red salsa... I can get fat quick on that.

My Grandpa loved sardines. He'd open a can and eat them with crackers and fresh peppers of whatever variety was on hand. One of my most unforgettable childhood moments was him convincing my Sister's friend that the Chile Petines he was eating with his sardines were peas. I told her, "don't fall for that." But he handed her a few of them and she just tossed them in her mouth... she was running and screaming and looking at him like he was the devil and he just couldn't stop laughing.

My Grandma was telling him "That ain't funny!" ...I think he disagreed. He told her she could have some more if she wanted.

You really should try the Suntory Toki. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it. I think it's quite good, personally.

Anyone watch Justice League yet? I liked it, myself.

I think this is a good example of how critics are actually overly critical. The storyline makes sense, the cast is good, there is some levity here and there to make it seem less cartoonishly dark(tall order considering how cartoonish most DC villains are), and it's good to see Batman past his prime at last.

Honestly, I think I like it better than Logan. It CERTAINLY better than the first Thor movie, and Iron Man 2&3.

7 minutes ago, westhemann said:

Anyone watch Justice League yet? I liked it, myself.

waiting for my youngest to get a couple hours of his life available to sit down and watch it with the old man. Looking forward to it. 

I wished they had made Killing Joke into a movie and not an animated deal with add on story. That story line would have had to be R or whatever below R is- and it would have dispatched any cartoonish-ness on Joker. I was in college when a high school friend of mine handed me that story and said- "you gotta read this". Wow. that shite was dark. 

9 minutes ago, westhemann said:

and it's good to see Batman past his prime at last.

Easy now Wes. Them words is almost blasphemy. 

I never liked Batman much. I grew up on the Christopher Reeve Superman movies. 

Burn ban is lifted finally. I have some serious burning to do this weekend with all the stuff I ripped out of the house.

I am trying my best to get to all of the Doctors I need to see so I can have my surgery. Many will not call me back. This is frustrating as hell. I'm in pain and need to get this done asap. To top off everything my Step dad had a stroke last night. What a cluster fuck that is my world at the moment and the insurance companies are fucking with me as well. WTF?  Not sure how much more of this shit I can endure?

Trying keep my head up and work through this.

RANT and Venting over!!! :)

MK

Insurance companies are nothing more than middle men between you and your doctor. 

I am back on my diet. Even drinking my coffee black. Worked out today and ate very little. The other night I heard a ruckus outside, so I buckled on my gun belt before going outside and it barely fit. Homie don't play "too fat for gun belt".

• Haha 1