This ain't gonna be yer "normal" SS.

Thanks guys.

This is definitely the fun part for me. I don't know about hurrying, but I klnow I can't wait to get started in the (weekend) mornings and hate to stop in the evening. Time just flies by. Time always speeds up on the weekends, but now they seem shorter than ever.

SR

The top reminds me a lot of Tas Myrtle.

I assume you will be donning the leather pants, permed hair and numerous body piercings when busting this one out at the local bars? :rock

I havn't seen Tas Myrtle before, but after looking it up I have to agree. You guys have some of the coolest timbers. I'm finding this one fascinating. It's combination of texture, density, figure and hardness is very new and unusual to me. Very cool stuff.

As for that other.......I'm sure that would be a good way to insure I played in complete solitude.

That's where I play best anyway.

SR

I havn't seen Tas Myrtle before, but after looking it up I have to agree. You guys have some of the coolest timbers.

Only the color. I've got Plain, Burl and Tiger Myrtle here and none of it looks like that.

Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle would have to be the best variety. I've just started a seven string today that has Tiger Myrtle caps and plain Tas myrtle strips in the neck along with Qld Maple and Tas Blackwood.

I havn't seen Tas Myrtle before, but after looking it up I have to agree. You guys have some of the coolest timbers.

Only the color. I've got Plain, Burl and Tiger Myrtle here and none of it looks like that.

Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle would have to be the best variety. I've just started a seven string today that has Tiger Myrtle caps and plain Tas myrtle strips in the neck along with Qld Maple and Tas Blackwood.

Don't hold back with any pictures of that one, it sounds great. You always do a masterful job of matching timbers up together.

SR

I see photobucket is still changing my picture orientation willy nilly....

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

I can see I need to do some more work on the neck join. It is supposed to look more like bark growing around a dead branch or bone growing around an embedded object....rather than what it could be said to look like.

SR

• Like 1

... rather than what it could be said to look like.

SR

I didn't se that at all... until you mentioned it! <_<