Knightro Guitars 2015

I did know that, but I haven't tried it out yet. I don't store my photos locally any more, as I switch between a few computers regularly. PhotoBroke-et is acceptable at best, though confounding and terrible when it screws up. 

I'm definitely looking for a better solution. Google Photos has been great so far for organization and reliability, and it works seamlessly with the photo library on my phone. However, the shareable links to each photo don't play nicely with forums for some reason. 

17 hours ago, KnightroExpress said:

I'm definitely looking for a better solution. Google Photos has been great so far for organization and reliability, and it works seamlessly with the photo library on my phone. However, the shareable links to each photo don't play nicely with forums for some reason. 

Uploading the images to the PG server seems to be a nice alternative in long term - I agree with Prostheta about the empty builds - but it is a pain in the ass when you want to insert a bunch of images in one post, due to the small WYSIWYG editor window. It was way easier before, when you could edit the post in code view and just copy/paste the image URL and renumbering them.

I'm using Dropbox since 2009 and all my builds are still there... If you're looking for a better solution, I would recommend it.

It's a difficult one for any site to have any real control over; enforcing any kind of policy where photos can only be uploaded is patently ridiculous, however so is years of educationally-rich forum material being lost to link rot. Having some form of permanence "this side of the fence" (eg. having an upload/attachment system) is the only way we can hope to preserve these things for people to enjoy and learn from 1, 10 or 50 years down the line. There's no way we can guarantee that Dropbox, Botophucket, etc. won't change their remote linking policies, meaning that entire threads or all comments illustrated by any one member can become instabroken.

The other option I guess would be to implement some opt-out server-side scripting to scrape remotely posted images and bring them this side of the fence automagically. This has far-reaching consequences aside from the basic ones of data ownership. Having members agree to more policies is totally not cool. You should see the kinds of things buried in Facebook's legalese....people's data, habits and other derivable demogs are totally the currency there!

Anyway. Enough of the slow derailing. The long and short of it is that the amazing work you guys do shouldn't be lost to the sands of time. I pay through the nose to have the sort of hosting capacity we do, so make use of it. You don't need to, however I'll do whatever I can to make it the best option on the table. :peace

I'm certainly not opposed to using PG as a host! I'd rather support your work and this community over some giant faceless site. 

I'm going to work on migrating the photos for this thread over here and try it for my next progress post. I really do appreciate your dedication to making PG the best it can be!

Minor update: the hardware has arrived! 

Hipshot solo bridges, knob, and open-gear locking tuners, Jescar 51/100 NS fretwire. 
IMG_20151214_221454_zpstcny0gom.jpg

Decided to test my diamond fret file and try something new: hemispherical fret ends. I think it turned out pretty nice, so I'm going to try to give the whole fretboard this treatment.
IMG_20151213_100712_zpsjx4ptnw1.jpg

I'm hoping to have the neck shaping wrapped up early tomorrow, then on to radius and fretting.

Today's bit of work:

Making the heel look better
cNtNzz9_PknlSeoSOarGCSb8fye6HRWbyIkQNV4B

Flush-mount Straploks. I hate strap buttons for some odd reason, don't ask.
YycoFatGrQSsz-dLvWA0mD1Rn3fRJLg6bxv8dAFy
FGsyx_buHz5mqBdvwAUTxruI34nHfJSytffECUbS
yC-nt_Jiarn_7kTQpeQy1k5-yDgUByGEqRthJ1HI

Drilling the wire channels
IBH9oj46dcDwgy-x8AUY0PVaXLXIZnpCarYx9frL
N5uj8FAkH-8QEkWZSTClq7nngoeU-ou1cq9cQdx9
QE8sZaZPHCVCZ31NQSKvBItP_JMNtNGfKtrGkdFD
65VeHfJnkbtkh30SBJOO-ZjwOHIXDEaC0J6eulGZ

Recessed Electrosocket
pt0nVK-IDKGZ-bBnuaieIYW7lvLhJ6Mmivu6W60G
-Ml-letLgnEqO-a-DKacPRBH5PkolgQgRy_KTrnO
KhZvQsHBbPB-LZ0eJjwngsprepMIReAIViE4z8sQ

Black pearl dots, matey. Yarr.
QFQdejUjvWygcmaF2larHi4jvV0C2_GDm-H9pzqR
L9OvQSqqcQiUBgN1fDKkhJrPM4uRGcxkAFIDUTpp

Now for the real fun: radiusing the fretboard
MUde9KrVhfQaBwwomlj5yQBnt1CyMuXTqWol9uSv
DNiJo53cwikv2KSrrKd2qO9_X1kZIMZ_opVO_gs_
Jwqt214mrytjlJN8eEcRnYA5-IqWjRRXzsYhrWv7

I love Micromesh pads. This is just the wood at 12,000 grit, nothing added. 
KmCsi0Tt8FaOARZLyRakh_4k7hBGjj2fNu34A0ix
042_etTYgmh70aMNnpExupaI4L-GoWG6ER6uoAFg

I managed to get a few frets in before leaving to take an exam.
_AeSHAdlDOrZOEJjoBHgA_Rccz5-2Qjc161S40Bk
tiiulXd6Ii94VSz7mN31xjOlttCRFzsZRoYiVK6A

It almost looks like a proper guitar!
V8P2-dfheJJgJWzC0HTXbohnaMn7P2pFIMmRlRcV

Thanks for looking!

Good call @psikoT - I posted a link to this thread in the "ongoing caching fun" thread on our developer's support forums, however I think that your answer may well be what is happening here. Hopefully @KnightroExpress can confirm if this is the case. Obviously my first concern is that it is part of our happy fun times with remote image caching. Hopefully it is not.