7 string design

Dyloh

Sorry to bother guys been having a go at building guitars an thought Cnc would be the go. I was just wondering if it's possible to use a existing model dwg or dxf and convert it to 3D? Would like to make little adjustments once I have learnt how to draw in cad properly but I feel as though it might have a bit if a learning curve. Just curious if there's a easier way as opposed to drawing everything in cad from scratch 

Hi Dyloh. It's nowhere near as simple as that. CNCs don't really work that way, so there is no straight conversion from simple 2D to 3D. It's a fundamental thing. CAD is one thing to learn, however CAM is an entire subject on top of that. Unfortunately, CNC is not a magic bullet or anything as simple as a photocopier.

As far as learning curves go, that's setting yourself a vertical wall really. What were you thinking of building? I'm sure we can clarify the basics for you to make a start.