New Guitar Build Specifications

Tyler Burgett

Hi, I'm new to the forum and forgive me if I'm posting in the incorrect area but I am in the middle of my first build that requires me to put together every component. Previous to this I have experience with just upgrading guitars with new components or doing things such as a neck swap. Here are the specifications I will definitely be using:

Body Wood: Ash

Pickup Configuration: HSH - Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, Dimarzio EJ Custom in the neck and I haven't decided on a middle pickup yet. Both humbuckers will have series/parallel switches or pushpull pots. Though I am thinking about a coil split instead.

The neck and tone pot resistance are the only two factors I wouldn't mind some help with. I want to go with a 25.5 inch scale neck. My goal is a versatile guitar that can pull off some fuller tones with the humbuckers but also be able to run them in series or coil tapped to get a more "fender" like tone out of them as well. 

I prefer the feel and look of an ebony fretboard but am afraid it will make the sound too bright overall. Also I'd prefer a maple neck wood but possibly mahogany will help round things out a bit between the ash body and the ebony fretboard? Any advice with voicing the guitar between neck wood, freboard wood and tone pots would be much apprecaited.