First neck-thru

A template might also help, at least in aligning the holes. Even a piece of cardboard with needle holes is easier to put into the right location on either side than trying to draw a line and measure one by one. - Did that make sense at all?

I did it with a hand drill on my first build out of necessity - get 2 straight blocks of wood, place one in front and one to the side of the drill and use them to reference square - keep them close enough so that your drill knocks them out of the way when you get in far enough, drill the outer Es all the way through, then drill the 4 inner holes half way through. On the back, divide the distance between the 2 outer holes by 5 and mark 4 holes between then drill through until your holes meet in the middle.

And recessed these Schaller style strap locks a bit. I'll have to open up the edges of the recess just a touch, but I think it looks pretty nice. Got a bunch of spots I shooouuuld fill in. But I think I've decided to leave them, as reminders of the problems I've run into throughout the build, and the will to overcome them.

"Growing pains" I suppose.

IMG_20190406_182953937.jpg

1 hour ago, Catch22Kid said:

Finished up the body shaping and slimmed the neck heel down a bit. Drilled string-thru holes and started boring out the tuner holes.

IMG_20190406_174734202_HDR.jpg

That's looking nice.  The tweak on the neck heel makes a big difference to the look, but also to the playing feel.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. It doesn't hold a candle to much of the work I've seen on here, but I'm proud of it. Wish I could've gotten all cream pups, rather than the zebra scheme, but GFS doesn't make them that way unfortunately. I do think it looks nice though.

Edited by Catch22Kid