Re-Wiring Gibson Explorer Amp Reverb Unit GA-15RVT

tireguy37

Hello, my first post here. Thanks to anyone who's willing to take the time to help.

I recently purchased a used mid 60's Gibson Explorer amp GA-15RVT. One of the previous owners for some reason removed the amp's reverb tank so my goal is to install a new reverb tank and get the reverb working again.

I purchased a new reverb tank from Frank Fendly at www.studiosoundelectronics.com (he's a very nice guy BTW) so I have the correct reverb tank but I need help deciding how to solder this correctly. 

I have attached the schematic for the amp as well as interior pics. According to Frank at www.studiosoundelectronics.com, what i need to do is solder a cable from C11 and then plug that into the reverb tank with an RCA. The problem is that I don't know how to read schematics. Can anyone tell me where C11 is? 

Thanks,

Daniel

ga15rvt.pdf

ExplorerAmpGutsSmall.jpg

You might want to try one of the amp building forum.  From what I'm seeing c11 is in the lower left corner. Of the brown board.  That said it looks like it's wired in to something if so at some point in its past it may have been rewired to use the reverb tube as extra gain stages.

Yes, even though everybody reading this will enjoy the progress and have something to say or an opinion, there tends to be less amp-building expertise here. In many ways that's a good thing since you need the reliance of safety preferably from multiple sources since amps can be deadly to work on without care.