Router to VFD Spindle change

MiKro

Hey Guys,

I am considering changing from my router/SuperPid2 to a VFD and air cooled spindle. Anyone using a spindle/VFD combo with MAch3? If so what brand VFD and the troubles you had setting it up? I find a lot on this subject and it appears that it is not that easy with MAch3 for on/off/speed control. Really I can do that manually but I am accustom to using the SuperPid2 and having full g-code control in mach3 with manual override

MK

• 4 months later...

I have a spindle and variable speed controller that I can pre program in my CAM. No issues with Mach, just took a while to get the ratios right so that the spindle was spinning at the speed mach thinks it is, however that was done on the controller from memory and not mach. No issues with changing spindle speed my remote control though mach or anything that I can think of. It's been a few years now. I cannot remember what brand the controller is off the top of my head.

My spindle can be run air or water. Air cooling is useless in the Aussie summer, we tried that first, even the water gets really hot and the temp of the spindle rises which means the cutters stay really hot and it makes the tool changer play up/stick. If you go a cooled spindle that it can be water cooled.

• Like 1