Guitar Of The Month - December 2016

Welcome to the Guitar Of The Month entries for December 2016!

ProjectGuitar.com's Guitar Of The Month contest is a showcase for members to exhibit their creations and to vote on their favourites. The contest is open entry for any and all members, new or old. Winner(s) receive a featured article at the head of the ProjectGuitar.com homepage, a photo posting to our Facebook and elevated member status. ProjectGuitar.com receives tens of thousands of unique visitors monthly; Guitar Of The Month is a great way to showcase your creation to the world!

Submissions are open throughout the month with public voting open in the last week. Polls close on the 1st of each month.

Lastly, if you didn't win a previous month's Guitar Of The Month contest, you are encouraged to enter your build again the next month for a maximum of three consecutive months. Sometimes one entry just hits it out of the park and eclipses everything!

Tips and Guidelines

• Upload a maximum of eight photos for the instrument in your post
  • Ensure that your guitar has a name otherwise we'll make one up ;-)
  • List additional descriptive information specific to the build; for example....
    • The woods and materials used, especially if there is something unusual in there!
    • Scale length(s) and other specific configuration details
    • Electronics, pickups, etc.
    • Is this your first build, fifth or five-hundredth?
    • A bit of information on your own background as a builder helps give context to your build.
    • Was it built in the garage, at school, work or in your own shop?
    • A summary of the build's history. Was it built for yourself, friend/family or a client? Did you design the instrument and its specifications or was it built to spec?
    • What were the inspirations behind the instrument and why were various build aspects chosen?
    • Any background on what makes it special?
  • Posting a link to your guitar-building website, Photobucket, Facebook, etc. is fine, even if it is your business. In the spirit of fairness we encourage instruments made by professional builders to have that disclosure made so there is a more even balance between weekend warriors and grizzled veterans.
  • If you documented your build in the forums, post a link to the thread! Instruments with a build thread shared tend to attract more votes from the general community.
  • ProTip: Voters vote with their ears as well as their eyes....if you have any soundclips of the instrument or even a YouTube video, do post it! Everybody loves to look at beautiful instruments, but hearing them demo'ed is 10x as important.

Unsure what to write? Have a look around the entry archives for suggestions.

If you have any questions about the contest, either PM me or ask forum members; we're a helpful bunch!

This thread is exclusively for entry posts only - any post that is not an entry will be deleted. We love to hear your discussions and opinions on the month's entries whilst the polls are open. Alternatively, head over to that instrument's build thread if one has been made in the entry post.

Good luck to all entrants!

:crowdwaits:

OK, this is a re-entry since I got this in too late for November :)

This is an original design in that its not a direct copy of any existing guitar. It is a single-cut design that incorporates the features that I love about Les Pauls, but eliminates the things I dont care for.

My brand is "Addict" although I'm not actually a professional guitar builder.

I call this model the "22 Special"

When I refer to things I dont care for I mean a body shape thats too rounded for my taste, bridge, pickups, and strings too high above the body, the well known big heel and difficult upper fret access, heavily angled string pull over the nut producing tuning stability problems when doing a lot of bending, and of course cheap factory parts and plastic inlays.

This model has the following notable features:

• Neck-through-body construction
  • 3-piece laminate neck
  • carbon fiber neck reinforcement

Specs:

• 24 3/4" scale length (actual)
  • 22 stainless steel frets
  • Genuine South American mahogany ( Swietenia macrophylla ) body and neck
  • Body and fretboard binding
  • Bookmatched, figured maple top
  • Ebony fretboard
  • Unbleached bone nut
  • Blue Paua abalone fretboard and truss rod cover inlays
  • Rosewood cavity covers
  • Tonepros Nashville bridge and tailpiece
  • Schaller locking 3x3 tuning machines
  • Seymour Duncan pickups (JB and Jazz)
  • Switchcraft 3-way toggle switch (standard config)
  • CTS pots, orange drop caps
  • Nitrocellulose Lacquer
  • Weight 9.3 lbs

22spec-heat18.jpg

gloopi17.jpg

22spec-heat19.jpg

blue22fin3.jpg

223spec-tall3.jpg

22spec-heat20.jpg

22spec-heat.jpg

223spec-tall4.jpg

Edited by Skyjerk
  • Like 1

On 04.12.2016 at 0:45 PM, ProjectGuitar.com said:

Всем привет!

Hello, Everybody!         

Let me submit my instrument for your consideration!

I designed this classic Telecaster in Texac style.

The story began when a very nice Japanese wavy ash-tree board got into my hands. I planned to divide it into several parts to construct a body but my friend made me change my mind. He advised me not to divide that nice board but to make a Telecaster neck of it. This classic model exactly suited my ash-three board without any extra constructions.

The guitar design was planned as classic Telecaster but the wood used to construct the neck and fingerboard is not traditional!

Taking into account the character and history of this instrument I decided to embody some proper images in it and gave the guitar style of blues and country ballads.

This instrument is not the first I have ever made but it is the first in which I have used new technology of designing. The guitar is intended for performing both blues and country music.

I had been making it for seven months.

TELECASTER TEXAS SPIRIT

• BODY
  •  Body Shape: Telecaster
  • Body Material:  Alder
  •  Body Top  Material: 0.16" ( 4mm) wood marquetry (Merbau, ebony, zebrano, cherries, nut, lignum vitae)

• Body Finish : Gloss Urethane

• NECK
  • Neck Material: Japanese ash-tree
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
  • Neck Shape: "C" Shape
  • Fingerboard Material: combined Indian rosewood &  ebony

• Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
  • Number of Frets: 21
  •  Fret Size: Medium Jumbo Sintoms

• Position Inlays: marquetry rosewood cacti  and pearl skull at the 12th fret

• Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
  • Truss Rod: two-way truss rod

• Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
  • ELECTRONICS
  • Bridge Pickup: Rio Grande Muy Grande Tele Bridge

• Neck Pickup: Rio Grande Tallboy Tele Neck

• Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone

• Switching: Dimarzio EP1105 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
  • Configuration: SS
  • HARDWARE:
  • Bridge: Custom built Vintage "Ashtray" Bridge Plate Brass

• Tuning Machines: KLUSON® CONTEMPORARY DIECAST TUNERS - 6 IN LINE - GOLD

• Control Knobs: Custom built Brass

• Neck Plate: Custom built Brass

I made all metal parts myself except tuning machines and pickups. I cast them of brass and worked up on milling machine.

Напоминание!

Конкурс В ЭТОМ это последний шанс месяце, чтобы захватить слот в Guitar Of The Year конкурса на 2016 год

P61119-105453(1)_thumb.jpg

15397673_1222115547871790_568109708_o.jpg

15397846_1222114967871848_638445738_o.jpg

15356829_1222114561205222_892981964_n.jpg

15419227_1222114997871845_880366285_o.jpg

P61119-104645(1)_thumb.jpg

P61119-105516(1)_thumb.jpg

P61119-110206(1)_thumb.jpg

P61119-104838(1)_thumb.jpg

Edited by Viktor
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Knightro Guitars- Voyager 6

Hey PG friends! I'm going to go ahead and throw my hat into the ring for December. This is the first guitar officially done in my new shop and I'm really happy with how it's turned out. My goal for the Voyager series is to combine effortless playability with modern style and big, versatile tone.  

Specs

Chambered swamp ash body w/walnut top and ivoroid binding

7pc maple/rosewood neck

Rosewood fretboard w/Jescar 58118SS fretwire

26" scale

Hipshot hardtail bridge and open gear locking tuners

Dimarzio Air Norton/Air Zone

Odie's Oil finish

IMG_20161221_135930_zpst8dg0v5n.jpg
IMG_20161221_135938_zpseugjgqkj.jpg
IMG_20161221_135954_zpsusorumll.jpg
IMG_20161221_135946_zpszvs9h1kt.jpg
IMG_20161221_140014_zpspwnnzwgf.jpg
IMG_20161221_140024_zpsdcxfdygl.jpg
IMG_20161221_140031_zpsr2biwsbh.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

• Like 3

Hi Everyone, I'm John Hawkins from Las Vegas Nevada. For lack of a better name, I'll call this "Custom Fiftyone"

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a life long woodworker. I build a few guitars every year in my home shop. I try to do as much as possible of the process myself.

I built this one for myself, and it's an absolute beast! I had the Pau Ferro Tele shaped neck blank, and Strat shaped Ash body sitting around for a couple of years. Both had been given to me by friends. A while back when I was having some medical problems, I sold off a lot of gear. Included was a Squier '51. I had bought the guitar originally to test pickups. I had just begun winding, and it was a great instrument for that purpose. After some hardware upgrades, and a good setup it was a neat little guitar. Very many people were buying them, and modifying them in every imaginable way. They were a fine platform for beginners. Even back then I thought it would be cool to do an upscale version  of the '51 from scratch. It was only fitting that the Ash body, and one piece Pau Ferro neck came together.

- 25.5 inch scale One piece Pau Ferro Neck

- 1.75" Ash Body

-Custom pickups

- 18:1 Grover Tuners

- CTS Pots

I didn't remember ever seeing one with black hardware, but I knew it would look sweet on this one. 

Guitar Demo

51 10.6.2016.jpg

20160929_183340.jpg

20161011_203619.jpg

custom 51.01.jpg

custom 51.02.jpg

custom 51.03.jpg

fiftyone iii.jpg

P1000857.jpg