Guitar Of The Month vote - December 2016

Voting for Guitar Of The Month is now open!  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Voting for Guitar Of The Month is now open!

• Skyjerk, "22 Special"
    • Viktor, "Telecaster Texas Spirit"
    • KnightroExpress, "Voyager 6"
    • Original, "Custom Fiftyone"

This poll is closed to new votes

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click HERE!

Welcome to this month's ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round! The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page, plus an (all-important) shiny member profile badge.

Good luck to this month's entrants! As usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however don't read into the discussion until you've cast your vote! :)

Polls close automagically on 1st January 2017, however this thread is permanently open for discussion

The winner of this month's Guitar Of The Month contest snags the final spot for Guitar Of The Year 2016; voting is open throughout January so be sure to make your votes count!

@Skyjerk, "22 Special"
Oh man, the carve and treatment done to that top is fantastic. The fourth photo with the guitar shadowed just sells that carve even more. One of those guitars where you feel as though you can "see how it sounds".

@Viktor, "Telecaster Texas Spirit"
Nice work Viktor! The sheer amount of time that's gone into the top marquetry, metal hardware and well....everything....is astounding. Milling machines are great fun....I'm sure you enjoyed the hours that went into this one :-)

@KnightroExpress, "Voyager 6"
Like I've said before Andrew, you're making the shop start to produce the results. As the first one out, this has to be somewhat of a milestone right? I didn't realise that you were an art student until a few weeks back when you mentioned it....that explains a lot as to why you've got the right eye for design and balance, and this guitar just sells itself off the back of that alone. In many ways your work reminds me of @verhoevenc in the way things work as a whole rather than being a mishmash of pieces thrown together. Carry on!

@Original, "Custom Fiftyone"
I love stripped-back designs like this. My own '51 P-bass was made to capture that simple "pick up and play - no bells and whistles player's instrument" thing. It's enough to please a Tele freak with enough versatility to not be a one-trick pony. Love it. That Pau Ferro though....seriously....

• Like 3

Well, I find the only way to choose between these fabulous builds is to simply say, 'which one would I most like to take home with me?'.  

The answer is, of course, a resounding 'ALL OF THEM!!!!!!' :rolleyes:

If forced to choose...it would have to be @Skyjerk 's 22 Special.  Although it is a relatively 'standard' style, it is simply divine.  THAT is the single cut I would want, pretty much above all others (except, I suppose, the multi-million $ ones :))

Splendid entries - all of them.  Well done, folks.

• Like 2

@Skyjerk- I've been watching you build since you joined over at MLP, and this is yet another fine example of your work. Everything about this guitar is executed damn near flawlessly, but that's pretty much what I expect to see from you nowadays :D

@Viktor- Wow! Every time I look at this guitar, I notice another great little detail. I love the work and craftsmanship that goes into marquetry and engraving. I wish I could see this one in person and really take it all in. 

@KnightroExpress- Oh wait, that's me. Seriously though, I appreciate the kind words, Carl! You're right about it being a milestone, I'm hoping that it's the first in a long series. 

@Original- I'm a big fan of your aesthetic and design choices. As Carl said above, that pau ferro neck is just simply fantastic. This one just has a killer workhorse vibe that I really dig. 

• Like 1

@Skyjerk, "22 Special"
Super Nice! The absolute attention to detail is very obvious. It's definitely a masterpiece. 

@Viktor, "Telecaster Texas Spirit"
I can only imagine the amount of time, and careful woodwork that went into this. "Art Guitars" almost need a category of their own. This one is a beautiful example of the merging of design, craftsmanship, and music. Well Done!

@KnightroExpress, "Voyager 6"
The incredibly clean lines of your work, along with original design are always eye catching. I love the understated elegance. You achieve it like a master.

@Original, "Custom Fiftyone"
My contribution this month. Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. I'm happy to say that I'm keeping this one.

• Like 2

@Viktor @KnightroExpress @Original with you guys in the race I gotta admit, I was pretty skeptical that I even stood a chance.

I saw someone on MLP that did marquetry work on the level that Viktor used. Knightro might recall them, They looked like album covers. The time and patience needed for detail work like that is just amazing.

Knightro. Damn you and your fancy scarfed necks! You could sell those all by themselves and probably earn a living. Its so cool to have seen you take your work from school into your own shop :)

Original, your mashup of Strat and Tele is bad-ass. Classic lines for a perfect workhorse axe :)

Thanks all for your positive comments and warm welcome to this forum :)