2.5itims build thread 2017

Thanks pariahrob! I'm super happy with how it tuned out. 

I finished it all up today and will it will be going off to guitar house of Tulsa next week. 

specs are as follows. 

25.5" scale length,            

Sapele body,                                        

quilted maple top (dyed purple),                

3 piece sapele/curly maple neck,        

curly maple headstock,                   

Birdseye maple fretboard,                 

quilted maple truss rod cover (dyed purple),                                                                  

Arete bridge with graphtech saddles (powdercoated white),                      

Sperzel locking tuners,                            

dual action truss rod,                                  

24 nickel silver medium jumbo frets,          

suhr ssv neck pickup,                              

suhr ssh+ bridge pickup,                                

1 volume/1 tone/3 way toggle,            

odies oil and odies wood butter finish,

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure that y'all are probably tired of seeing this one, but I just got my professional photos back from the photographer and wanted to share them, promise this'll be the last time showing this one haha. 

IMG_1676.PNG

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My work schedule is all screwed up now that I went to nights so I only get to work on guitars Friday to Sunday, I started gluing this one up Friday morning and got it to the dying stage so I figured I'd show it off, I did a light blue to black fade on the top which I think came out awesome! The neck is all done except the mountain inlay, frets and oil. The body is all done and dyed and has now been taken to my painter for clear, I should get it back on the first and I'll get it all assembled and setup. 

This one and the purple one will be going off to a music video shoot July 7th so I'm in a bit of a time crunch. 

Specs will be, n12 bolt body shape, sapele body, curly maple top, maple neck, honey roasted curly maple fretboard, 2x4 headstock, hipshot tuners, offset black dots, Arete bridge, graphtech saddles, Elysian modern pickups, 1vol/1tone/3 way toggle. 

IMG_1817.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

Edited by 2.5itim
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished this pg17 up last week and got it over to my photographer. Im super happy with how this guitar turned out and the photos. 

specs are, 

Arete pg17,

25.5" scale,

curly maple/zebrawood body,

black walnut top, 

zebrawood neck with maple scarf joint,

curly maple fretboard,

hipshot fixed bridge,

gotoh tuners,

seymour Duncan Pegasus bridge pickup,

seymour Duncan jazz pickup, 

1volume/1 tone/3 way toggle,

odies oil/wood butter finish

IMG_0086.PNG

IMG_0088.PNG

IMG_0091.PNG

IMG_0083.PNG

IMG_0090.PNG

IMG_0092.PNG

• Like 3

I guess I'll go ahead and post up some pics of this one. 

It is a commissioned build, it's a m11/7 27" scale length 7 string, black walnut body, ash top dyed turquoise blue, Zebrawood neck, PurpleHeart scarf joint laminate, dark roasted curly maple fretboard with the Arabic numeral 7 inlayed at the 11-13th frets in blood wood. It will be getting hipshot 7 string bridge, Elysian pickup, hipshot tuners, 1 volume/1 tone. 

I have got the neck/fretwork completely finished and oiled in odies oil, all the wood work on the body is finished and dye job has been done. Right now the body has been nitroed and is curing for the next 10 days.

once I get the body cut and buffed I can start on assembly and setup.  Hoping to have this one finished within the month. 

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

I got the m11/7 mostly finished up over the weekend. I need to get the string block powdercoated, cavity cover material is on order and I need to make another nut because my pit bull somehow got ahold of it and since he loves bones he decided it was his chew toy. 

Specs include:

Model: M11/7

27" scale,

Walnut body,

Ash top,

Arete eliat top color finish,

Nitro body finish,

Zebrawood neck,

PurpleHeart scarf joint laminate,

Dark roasted curly maple fretboard,

Arabic numeral 7 in bloodwood inlay,

Arete mountain headstock inlay,

Odies oil neck finish,

Medium/jumbo nickel silver fretwire,

Bone nut,

Hipshot open gear locking tuners,

Hipshot 7 string fixed bridge,

Black knurled knobs,

1 pickup / 1 volume / 1 tone,

Elysian bridge pickup,

as as soon as I get those couple things done I'll get it over to my photographer and then it's off to the customer. 

IMG_0315.PNG

IMG_0316.PNG

IMG_0317.PNG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This ones been fun but I'm ready to see it go to its new home! He will be picking it up tomorrow so I'm eager to see how he likes it. 

Im having the professional photos done right now so I'll post those up with specs here in a couple days. 

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

@Prostheta @ScottR

Haha ok, so the bridge is suuupper interesting... I'll give it that! It took me a good while to figure out how to set up the dang thing but once I got it I actually kind of like it. It's slowly growing on me. 

I don't like that you have to hog out so much wood from the body, but I do like the holding tune aspect. This was a brand new set of string and once I got it Setup and tuned I haven't had to retune once and it's been about a week, I can completely take the strings out of the tuners on the headstock, put the strings back in, and get the tension right at the tuners (+ or - 1-1/2 full turns from where it was before, it doesn't have to be exact at all) and the bridge will still be exactly in tune. 

Ive seen a lot of people say that "they kill your tone" but honestly I think this guitar sounds killer! I'm definitely not saying you should buy them and put them in every one of your guitars but I would say definitely give one a try. 

As for the pickup, he simply ran out of money lol. He's going to buy a neck pickup within the next month or 2 and have me throw it in there for him. 

I got the pics back a couple days ago and posted it in gotm but forgot to post it over here. 

So here's the photos of the pg17 with specs. 

Specs are as follows,

•Top Wood: black walnut

•Body Wood: Curly maple/bloodwood sandwich

•Color: Natural

•Body finish: matte, odies oil

•Bridge: Evertune

•Pickup Configuration: H H

•Pickup mounting: direct mount 

•Bridge Pickup: Bareknuckle juggernaut 

•Neck pickup: N/a for now

•Pickup Color: Black

•Controls: 1 Volume / 1 Tone / 3 way toggle

•Neck wood: 5 piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple

•Neck Finish: Matte, odies oil

•Fretboard: dark roasted curly maple

•fretboard finish: odies oil

•Fretboard Inlays: White side markers

•Headstock inlays: Arete mountain inlay in bloodwood

•Neck Shape: Thin D shape, 

•Neck thickness: .800 1st fret/.830 12th fret

•fretboard Radius: 14"

•Scale Length: 27"

•Frets: stainless steel

•Nut: Graphtech tusq xl

•Nut Width: 1.693" (43mm)

•Tuners: hipshot open gear locking tuners

•Hardware: Black

•Weight: 6.5 pounds

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I've started this one a few weeks ago, figure I'll go ahead and share a bit on it. This is a prototype I'm working on which is based off my n12 model but I've redesigned the body to be an offset so I'm calling it the n12 offset. 

Its an alder body (a bit thicker than my normal bodies this ones 1-1/2" thick), 5 piece maple/padauk neck, Birdseye maple fretboard, 2 way adjustable truss rod, nickle silver med/jumbo fretwire, tusx xl nut, hipshot chrome open gear locking tuners, hipshot chrome bridge, chrome pickups covers and all of the chrome will be burnt if I can get it to look right. Dimarzio air norton/air zone with coil splits. 

Im in the finishing stages right now which have been a nightmare as usual but I think I've finally got it where I want it. The faceplate of the headstock is painted white with my mountain logo painted in purple and covered in satin polycrylic. The neck/fretboard will get a coat of some odies oil. 

The body has been where I've had trouble! I originally painted it white with my mountain logo painted on it in purple which turned out pretty cool I thought. I tried to top coat with polycrylic which was a terrible mistake, I tried spraying it and it just had runs all over it and ended up sanding thru the paint trying to level it back out. I decided to give it another try and this time painted it all purple and tried to wipe on the polycrylic, huge mistake, had brush lines and inconsistencies all over the place so had to sand it out again. I have now repainted it purple, and went and bought a 2k clear from the local auto paint store and am gonna give that a try. 

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

• 3 months later...

I've been absent for a pretty good while, my son was born on November 31st so we had a lot of preparing to do to get ready for him to be here. I've just started to get back into the swing of things so it's slow going right now. I'm just mainly trying to finish builds that have been hanging on the wall. We will be moving houses soon so I figure it'll be easier to move complete guitars instead of a bunch of pieces. 

Ive fretted one of the black limba m11 twins, got it finish sanded, fretted and am oiling it right now. I'm changing it up from my normal odies oil and am trying out tru oil, I'm liking it so far but it is a lot more work than odies. 

I've also got the purple n12 offset cleared, polished, and oiled the neck. I've just started assembly on that one so hoping to have it finished this weekend. 

I'll also add a few pics of my boy, definitely the most amazing thing I've ever made (he must have gotten all his moms genes)! I can't wait for him to be making his own guitars lol. 

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2145.PNG

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2058.PNG

IMG_2065.PNG

• Like 3