Saturday Shop Shot - post photos of your bench as it is!

Prostheta

On 3/2/2017 at 11:08 PM, MiKro said:

Well more today, Still a lot of crap to do. Getting ready for foundation repair. Hope this vid works LOL!!

Yep and a picture of this old slow fatman. :)

So.

• hopefully
  • soon

Shit out of there? Here's to hoping Mike. It's a good space to make use of, but hell....where did all that crap come from?!

That's the crap stuffed behind other crap, that was stuffed with more crap and it is that is now seeing the light.  LOL!!

No it is not out of there yet. have other things that became a priority for the next few days. So the crap will get pushed to a side for a few days.

MK.

the neglected work bench in front of where my wife parks in the garage. sad bodys from projects started long ago sit to the right- a p bass, a j bass, 2 strats, an Uli Jon Roth Sky guitar body- a bunch of crap on top- and the ken lawrence body I just started up again to the right. The other side of my garage is tented up as a "spray booth" at the moment. The site of my cheap ass band saw reminds me how I need real tools-maybe one day. 

003.jpg

Bonus game for more winning of great pleasure and satisfaction to be of customer. (sorry, I lapsed into eBayer speak)

Post your clamps. This doesn't include my couple of quick-clamps and the pipe-clamps (I-beams?) I use for body blanks. The ones with the big thick cast frames are Würth's Bessey copies/rebranded F-clamps. 1250lbs? Hell yeah. Clamps cost a bomb over here in Finland. Short of buying in from elsewhere in the EU, Würth seem to do the best heavy duty stuff. Still not cheap, but worth the investment.

IMG_8775.JPG

• Like 1

my shop as it sits right now- the ladder is part of the "spray tent" that I took down before sanding the hell out of some parts today. I usually have  2 more benches which are down stairs in our basement, good news is my daughter who is staying with us while her new home is built is about to move out in 3 weeks, which means I can keep one of the cars out of the garage and re-populate my shop with said benches in basement. Boxes along back wall are for packing up misc crap said daughter owns and brought with her. (there are 20 uhaul boxes behind the table saw) 

003_1.jpg

004.jpg

I will post my clamps after I finish with what is being glued up. LOL!! Currently doing a neck rework on an Epiphone. Damn I hate that poly. .Removal is a bitch. used the heat gun and the damn fretboard came off. I Think is was already coming off. LOL!! Yep even the truss rod was not routed straight. My god what crap. once the fretboard is back on I will make a headstock lam to cover the gouges in the tuner holes that broke out when it was drilled oversized for new tuners.. I have filled those with epoxy mixed with sawdust. :) Once done repaint and move on.

mk

thanks Carl! Yea, I had to find an enclosed space when moving across from France to Switzerland, balcony wouldn't work. Its still an apartment so I have noise and space limitations (no bandsaw for me) but at least the space is fully dedicated to this now. This is a major improvement for me since I don't have a lot of time for building, just 15 minutes to 1-2 hours at a time here and there. The fact that I don't have to set everything up each time (and clean up afterwards) makes the difference between almost not being able to do anything and actually pushing the builds along.

looking forward to the youtube series BTW!

yea .. I released a full guitar build video recently, where I filmed the whole process of building a mini guitar for my daughter - I had almost 10h of material, I literally filmed almost every step of the process except things like finish sanding, every coat of lacquer etc. This was over 3 years ago, it took me 3 years to find the time to edit all of that material into 13 youtube episodes of ~10-15 minutes each.