KEA 2017 builds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well friends, The time has come.
I start my new job on tuesday. I dont know what my hours are going to be yet. Its been a great journey. If i can, i will still work a little on guitars during the week.
As a farewell, i made my mom this cutting board out of offcuts from necks i had made.

DSCN1487.JPG

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Are you sure that the woods are food-safe? A lot aren't recommended for contact with food if they're just oiled. I doubt it'll be any sort of real issue though.

Good question! But scott was right, she doesnt want to use it as a cutting board after all, haha.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 8:09 PM, Mr Natural said:

hope any rough seas smooth out for you. The axes look great. 

Thanks man. Been a crazy year over all. A lot of change and a lot of learning to do.

Went almost 2 weeks without a day off. Had the morning off today so i got a few things done. Ive just been building bodies and doing minor work on almost finished builds.

DSCF2462.JPG

DSCF2437.JPG

DSCF2423.JPG

DSCF2365.JPG

7 hours ago, killemall8 said:

Thanks man. Been a crazy year over all. A lot of change and a lot of learning to do.

Went almost 2 weeks without a day off. Had the morning off today so i got a few things done. Ive just been building bodies and doing minor work on almost finished builds.

DSCF2462.JPG

This has an almost negative or white burst around the edges. Is that a function of the lighting or some photographic anomaly, or a new trick you really need to tell us about?:blink:

They all look great of course.

SR

1 hour ago, ScottR said:

This has an almost negative or white burst around the edges. Is that a function of the lighting or some photographic anomaly, or a new trick you really need to tell us about?:blink:

SR

Just the lighting, good sir. The quilt is pretty much solid white in person.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2017 at 3:04 PM, ScottR said:

SR

It is an artifact caused by a photo filter. Looks like an unsharp mask with a big radius. Sometimes called "clarity" and other things in some apps. It's been showing up in some of Luis's posts. By accident maybe?

In that post it's on photos #1 and #3 (compare the grass for example). Then it's gone and makes a comeback in the maple burl pic. (which is crazy awesome)

• 2 weeks later...