KEA 2017 builds

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see you back building again. Your attention to detail is remarkable. Your designs and wood combos really remind me of Carillion Guitars in the UK.

And being a sucker for a purple-stained top, I was blown away by the two you recently did!

• 1 month later...

So after taking a little over a month off from building,  I attempted to work on some things. I picked up right where i left off, if not worse. Every single thing i touched i made a mistake on. I ruined a lot of wood and a few bodies.

Hats off to you guys, who can work a full time job and still build quality guitars. I definitely cant do both.

abso beauty as usual.  I recently thought to myself "I should get a tamo ash top"... now I know why you just don't see 1/4" tamo ash tops on guitars a whole lot.  I can't afford the veneer!

also, in general the quality of wood you work with is outstanding.  where in the world does one find a quilt top like THAT? 

4 minutes ago, mistermikev said:

abso beauty as usual.  I recently thought to myself "I should get a tamo ash top"... now I know why you just don't see 1/4" tamo ash tops on guitars a whole lot.  I can't afford the veneer!

also, in general the quality of wood you work with is outstanding.  where in the world does one find a quilt top like THAT? 

Thanks.
Im not sure which one you are referring to.

• 1 month later...

So this guitar ive had to the finishing stages for over 6 months. It was the last custom order i ever took, and this is the longest any guitar has ever taken me, period.

It took so long i had to give it to the buyer for almost half price A shame, it turned out nice. The finish isnt as flawless as it looks in the pic.

DSCF0392.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you hate it when that happens?

I think I can speak for all of us when I say it sucks when work gets in the way of something you'd rather be doing.:)

If I wasn't so fond of eating, I'd quit.:D

I'd say don't sweat it Luis, it will get done when it gets done....but I know that irresistible urge to drive to the finish line when you get that close....and how frustrating it is when there is something you must do instead.

SR