Bone Saddle on a chambered Electric Guitar

Hi Everyone

I'm planning on building a guitar with a chambered body/semi accoustic and I know the benefits of having a Bone Nut so I'm wondering why not a Bone saddle as well? Has it been done before and what is the result like? Pros and Cons? Any existing threads already talk about this?

Cheers

The downside is that you're stuck with the intonation that the saddle offers. Adjustable is always useful. I'm not in the bone nut camp myself, so I can't evangelise them for bridges! I'm sure that there would be more relevant discussion about this amongst acoustic builders....electric builders perhaps less so.

It would certainly be an interesting experiment, so I can't say don't try it!

Thanks for your reply

Yes I find a Bone or Corian Nut gives a sparkly "shimmering" sound about it when playing open chords (clean) Slowly strum and let it ring out

Thanks for suggesting the Accoustic section yes I'll give that a go. Although what I'm planning to build is more of a chambered construction, sort of Semi Accoustic steering more toward Accoustic (but with my much favoured 57 Classic in the Neck)

I have no idea how I would go about it, I'm not planning on using an Accoustic bridge. I know the intonation will be a problem but I have some ideas on how to dial it in, I will see how that goes

cheers and thanks for your encouragement

We don't actively discuss acoustics as much as we should here. We've always meant more towards electric solid bodies however your experience will be an interesting one to feed in. I am wondering; perhaps a bone bridge may sound similar to Graph Tech Tusq or NuBone? I have a set of VS100 saddles which just need a baseplate. I'll have to try them out!