Entry for September 2018's Guitar Of The Month is open!
ENTER HERE!

Tim37

Rip Chuck

I just read that Chuck Berry passed, truely one of the father's of rock and roll and a great guitarist.

I hope they remember to bury home with his ding a ling.

yeah, brilliant guitarist and very interesting guy.

love his music and lyrics.

Went to a concert jus to see him alive about 10yrs ago. Musically it wasn't great ( understatement ), but he was hilarious and it was worthwile just to see a legend like him alive onstage.

I saw him in Perth Australia around 1978 and I rate it as one of the best concerts I've been to. And the comedy was all part of a great evening out

And at the end he announced that he would be out the back stage door to sign autographs. So I was there and shook his hand, man he was soooo tired

A few years later I was out there and met Brian Johnson

It's times like these, it really is. About eighteen years back I was out on the loading ramps of Nottingham Rock City chatting with Devin Townsend and smoking an adult cigarette whilst The Wildhearts did their set. Having known Devin for a couple of years, we figured that it was weird the place you find oneself and how people converge. Admittedly, famous people tend to converge very easily with others when lots of people follow them to these "gig" things. It's not easy finding quiet time and a little silence, so not much was said. Listening to traffic noise in cool night air in a random place on the world is oddly centring.

Cheers Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/unQHACggygA2

Famous people are a strange breed. Chuck seems to be one the pre-dated the age of the inaccessible diva yet lived through that transition unchanged.