First full build from scratch

18 hours ago, spottydog said:

I seem to solve one problem and get five more when building a guitar. Am I the only one this happens to ?????

Nope, we've all been through it. And once you think you've got all the standard problems solved, you learn how to invent new ones. When you think about it the whole build is an exercise in solving problems. The better you get at solving the problems, the better your builds become.

SR

• Like 2

Is the post open-ended? How deep is the hole and how thick is the body? Often you can drop a bolt or something else that fits through the open end, then screw in a bolt that fits the post so that it pushes against the first loose bolt and pulls the post out. Of course, if the body doesn't have enough thickness it could push that bolt through the back.

The other option is to get a washer for the bolt that fits the post, plus a piece of say, 1/4" - 1/2" plywood with a hole drilled larger than the post but smaller than the washer. Engage the bolt into the post through that plywood with the washer on it to pull it out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Prostheta said:

The other option is to get a washer for the bolt that fits the post, plus a piece of say, 1/4" - 1/2" plywood with a hole drilled larger than the post but smaller than the washer. Engage the bolt into the post through that plywood with the washer on it to pull it out.

7 hours ago, spottydog said:

Used the washer and plywood method and it worked a treat. Hole is now correct size and post re installed many many thanks

Great tip @Prostheta

The guitar is not to heavy and feels nice to play. Sound wise it leans more towards a strat type sound but all in all not to bad overall. All the wood for the guitar came from the table top the fret board and head stock vaneer were even cut from the top. Once again I would like to thank everyone who took the time to read my ramblings and to give me advice when I needed it. Thank you I could not have done it without you and I hope you like the result of our endeavours. I am now planning my next guitar build.