LP Jr Special DC Korina relic

On 8/22/2017 at 9:22 AM, ScottR said:

Mmmmm. Beer Advocate says that stuff is pretty special. That may have to go  on the list.

SR

You can ONLY get it in Wisconsin! 

I've got two weeks off and just finished my speaker veneering project, so let's get on with this build. Here's to it. Benefits of living in Indiana is easy access to lots of Three Floyds.

IMG_4097.JPG

• Like 2

SLOW and steady. Using my "staycation" time to do multiple projects at once. 

Body blank glued up and hand planed because sometimes by hand is just better.

Also building a turntable plinth from scratch instead of veneering. Found some killer mahogany I didn't know I had.

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4144.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

Yea headplate, solid volute (i LOVE them), and not a full 14. I need to measure again to see what it is.

Plinth done, just need to rewire tonearm and reassemble. The mahogany looks like figured koa which makes me deliriously happy.

IMG_4153.JPG

• Like 2

I only did 2bout 2 coats. Just enough to soak in and seal. This doesn't have demanding needs for use.

In other news, recut the LP Jr headstock face to ensure enough real estate. Final angle is 12 degrees. Also glued on ebony head plate.

Found out we have backstage passes for YES this coming weekend. Gonna be hard to concentrate between now and then!!!

IMG_4155.JPG

Yea it's really weird. We found out our nextdoor neighbors of 20+ years are friends with Rick Wakeman. They had a dog named (Starship) Trooper haha. Once Ricks son Adam came visiting and borrowed our carseats for his kids. He's keys for Sabbath and Ozzy right now. cough cough!

Anyhoo, if I get to meet Trevor Rabin and Jon Anderson I'll probably poop my pants, and I'm not one to get starstruck or anything.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...