How to make a Natural Satin finish?

Kurt76

Hi Guys! B)

I´m imagined a polyurethane finished, that at sight outside like Tung oil´s finish. Of course they are two different things. Looking for info in Internet, I found a Link from a Spanish guy, and i place a photo down. Look very good :D ! Satin natural finish with Polyurethane lacquer, simply and elegant (sorry the big picture B) ). Is possible make this finish for body and neck?

Casa05.jpg

:D I was reading the book "Build electric guitars" and Author Martin Kosh explains that to accentuate satin finishing it is not necessary to fill up pores of the wood. What do you think about this? :D

A Luthier friend here in Chile, explained to me that to obtain this effect he did not have to happen through buffing or polished. Although the logic makes me think that any cleaning in the body and the constant use in the neck would cause that the surfaces put brilliants. What do you thing Guys? What method and products of cleaning would be used in order to maintain the Natual satin finish and that this not put brillant ? B)

Thanks for all opinions and answers... Greetings from Chile... Bye My friends... :D

Pd: Here is the link http://www.iespana.es/LaPaginaDeJaime/Fotos/JD01.htm Beautyful guitar! Don´t you think?

Yes I would say start by not using a filler which will only even out the finish to make it extremely smooth and your right over time and use the area's that are rubbed the most will more then likely become polished and shiny but that can be eliminated by hitting them with a fine sand paper to knock of the sheen.

Hi Guys!

:D I read with very attention the BSB Finish tutorial of Brian ( http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/bsb.htm ) , and i think is similar idea:

In the BSB situation: just stain + thin coat of "artist matte" clear (no filler Brian?)

the same idea in the Natural satín finish with Polyurethane: Direct polyurethane lacquer (no filler) , or with stain: Stain + Natural satín finish with Polyurethane (the same no filler).

what do you think? See you Guys! B)