Copper Patina Pickguards - Best clear coat?

Been playing with some different patinas on copper pickguards for Telecaster and have really liked some of the results lately.  The issue I'm having is that most clear coats that I've tried tend to dull the colors or at least alter them in some way.  The copper gets more bronze-like and the colors get less intense etc, which is a real bummer.  Any suggestions for a coat that won't affect my finishes?

Thanks, 

Doc Holladay

Cool Azul.jpg

Fire and Ice.jpg

Those are pretty cool.  Automotive 2K urethane is the all around go to finish for stuff like that - higher adhesion than nitro, UV blockers to retain color, buffs to high gloss, or lays down perfect if sprayed right, solvent resistant, and more scratch resistant than anything - you need that in a pickguard.  

one gallon is usually minimum order (70 bucks), so you need to use it up, as the hardener can go bad.  I buy one gallon 4:1 ratio, and buy pint hardener when I need it as I use up the urethane.  If you don't spray, then pour it on, and pour it off, then hold level.  

• 2 years later...