Mr_Riddlers build thread

1 hour ago, Mr_Riddler said:

Thanks! Do that it's fun stuff! 

Just saw your swirl video awesome build, how about a luminescent swirl?

I think I found a supplier and I have an idea for an in-progess build actually ;)

might be cool in a swirl too, would need to check how the paints tolerate the pigment, but should be totally doable

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Mr_Riddler said:

Mordor approves this burst 😁

20180121_214926.jpg

Stunning!

And absolutely perfect for that body shape. I can't wait to see that beast with some clear on it. Er.....are you going to clear it or oil it or what? Those cavities will present some challenges for a clear coat.

SR

@Prostheta got it from espen.de you should check it out! they got some nice pieces, bought a couple of time from them and allways been happy with what I got. 

@ScottR Thanks, going to do a epoxy pouring on the top tonight I think it's the only way to handle those voids and some other imperfections that can't be sanded away. It will also give a first glance how this will appear under the clear :) also helps to stiffen this piece a little. Poplar is very soft and chips easily. That's why I haven't drilled for the bridge or pots yet. I'm afraid that will just give me some extra work if I do that before the resin pouring.

13 hours ago, Prostheta said:

I think they were filled in a previous step, Scott. What we're looking at here is maybe a difference in shininess which makes them seems like voids. Maybe.

<edit: got mixed up in my posts and email notifiers. oops>

Nope filled them yesterday, didn't get all of them with one pouring so will do another tonight. But some pictures first. The 3d effect that appeared with resin was really amazing.