Mr_Riddlers build thread

Light goes in, bounces around within the material where more and more gets absorbed (converted to heat I guess) and very very little manages to both go in and come out. I would suspect that cats find Vantablack less impressive than we do, since our sensitivity to low light levels is very poor.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the Black 2.0 and painted in my Chevy symbols on my truck with it. It's black alright... but it's not AS black as the videos, etc. make it out to be. Also, I talked to Stuart and if it's used in a high-rub situation (like a guitar) you have to clear-coat it for protective purposes... and there are REALLY matte clears available... but any of them are going to alter the Black 2.0 even more so that it's less flat.

FYI,

Chris

@Norris Well that's a nice idea, but I think that would be a huge one. We will see what i can make out of this one when it have dried up. 

@verhoevenc Well after reading alot of reviews of this paint it changed my mind. To much work to redo the black parts. But I think I will order a bottle soon anyway, This is perfect for another project I have in mind. 

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent choice. A T8 is an excellent investment. BTW, don't bother buying Tormek's own polishing compound....use Autosol instead. Far far cheaper and the same thing.

I look forward to you showing us just how bald your left forearm will be.

Very jealous of your chisel stash. I'd immediately take the red-handled ones to 20° and the ferruled wooden ones to 25-30°. That's totally just me coveting your stash! I normally take mine to about 22.5° so they work best with hand work and with occasional use with a mallet. I really love my edge tools. They return so much beauty in process and result.

19 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

Very jealous of your chisel stash. I'd immediately take the red-handled ones to 20° and the ferruled wooden ones to 25-30°. That's totally just me coveting your stash! I normally take mine to about 22.5° so they work best with hand work and with occasional use with a mallet. I really love my edge tools. They return so much beauty in process and result.

Haha the pile is about 50+ chisels right there. The red ones are BAHCO, and most of the wooden ones is E A Berg another Swedish and very popular brand. Thats actually the angles i normally prefer around 25° tends to hold an edge a little better when working in hard woods. 

I somehow manage to get along with....four. A 6mm, a couple of 10mm and a 25mm. I always aim to resharpen this a little under 25° since I prefer hand work. 25-30° is needed if they're going to get hammered. I could do with some mortise chisels for that though. I much prefer paring and light careful chopping. Below 25° is more fragile, definitely, however it makes lighter work much safer and cleaner in my opinion. I just found that is what works for me.