Mr Natural

Solar Eclipse

Mr Natural    240

T-Minus y'all. Getting excited. I love this sort of stuff (eclipses, meteor showers, etc)- Mr camera is trying out my eclipse viewing glasses. Not sure those are for him. hopefully he takes good pics and I can share. 

Traffic heading north outside my neighbor (rt 124) was toast this morning. as is i-85 n and i-985n. people heading up to the mountains to get in the 100% zone. we are in the 97-98% zone and my deck is looking mighty cozy right now. Pork and beef is grilling, and beverages will be a flowin. sunscreen has been applied, and box fans are in position. even mrs natural is popping a corona and cutting limes as I type this. later taters.

20170821_121039.jpg

• Like 2

Mr Natural    240

well- that was a bit underwhelming. it got darkish- sort of like a really bright white led light was on- and then- poof it was over. and none of the pics came out. my "filter" didnt quite do the trick.

should have been in the 100% zone but-eh- whatever. 

but the pork was excellent.  and the beverages as well. 

Mr Natural    240
3 hours ago, westhemann said:

I have a welding hood. Be jealous.

I am. all my neighbors and I were like lemmings with the same glasses- the helmet would have really made me stick out from the pack. 

Tim37    127

Yep welding hoods where a plenty today.  Btw auto darkening doesn't work after a point but we had a old passive that always works.

IMG_20170821_134123.jpg

IMG_20170821_122303.jpg

westhemann    304

All my hoods are "passive". I don't play all that auto-dark crap.

Old school. I flip the hood by nodding my head.

• Like 1

Tim37    127

Well when you burn maybe 5 rods a month if that ya need all the help you can get.  I do maintenance so a welding job is typically something small a bracket or something cracked you know 45min of prep and setup and 45sec of welding.

Prostheta    1,258

There was a partial a few years back here in Finland. Went outside after nabbing one of Kari's welding masks and laughed at people burning the CCDs on their phones and sharing crappy non-free paper glasses.