Stratocaster floyd rose

10 hours ago, scorpionscar said:

Why floyd rose stratocaster doesn't have router cavity?

No other reason than they chose to make it that way. The Floyd Rose can be mounted flat to the top or installed in a cavity to permit upwards pitch bending if you chose. It's entirely the decision of the person installing the bridge on the guitar.

10 hours ago, scorpionscar said:

which one do you think is better

Neither. It depends what you want from the instrument.

Flat mounting is easier to install because the cavity is easier to create, but means you can only dive down and the neck will likely require a shim to counteract the increased action. Recessed mounting allows you to raise or lower the trem and will probably mean you can do without a neck shim, but is more difficult to install because the cavity is more complex.

11 hours ago, scorpionscar said:

and in the case of mounting flat how the cavity should be?

Probably the same as a regular Strat trem cavity. Floyd Rose have routing diagrams on their website.

2 hours ago, scorpionscar said:

I've read that non recessed floyds (flat FR) needs an angled neck.

Usually, yes.

2 hours ago, scorpionscar said:

I want to build a strato non recessed style, but didn´'t know about this task

Do you mean, how to create a neck shim?

2 hours ago, curtisa said:

Neither. It depends what you want from the instrument.

Flat mounting is easier to install because the cavity is easier to create, but means you can only dive down and the neck will likely require a shim to counteract the increased action. Recessed mounting allows you to raise or lower the trem and will probably mean you can do without a neck shim, but is more difficult to install because the cavity is more complex.

Probably the same as a regular Strat trem cavity. Floyd Rose have routing diagrams on their website.

Usually, yes.

Do you mean, how to create a neck shim?

Yes, I don't know how to calculate the shim, moreover, I think it's easier to route the neck pocket with the angle