Entry for June 2018's Guitar Of The Month contest is open!
ENTER HERE!

Chuck_Chill-Out

Well, It's Official!

I haven't been on the site in a while. Its been very busy and we just put in an offer on this:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/412-Glen-Ridge-Dr_Lancaster_PA_17601_M41836-67958

My daughter personally showed me the wood shop. Also, my brother-in-law told me he had a lot of wood for me to take...no charge. I know there is cherry, mahogany, walnut...I think there is even some maple in there.

I may start building again...

• Like 2

Really nice house. Waaay too much light for my paranoid self, but it looks like it has everything. The woodshop is pretty sweet. Reasonable price, too. Around here that house would cost twice that at least.

Nice lead came work in the front door's glazing pane. The things I spot....

So the tools and benches come with the woodshop?

15 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Nice lead came work in the front door's glazing pane. The things I spot....

So the tools and benches come with the woodshop?

The benches, vices, and 1950's radial arm saw came with the house. I have most of my father's tools he left me. 

My brother-in-law jokingly said if I find my front door missing, he had nothing to do with it.

Art glass came work like that can get pretty expensive and labour intensive. I'm just finishing up a bookcase for our living room that has three glazed doors which I decided to complete with lead came rather than Tiffany-style foil and solder. It's made a lot easier when the glazier is able to cut the component pieces to size directly rather than needing to do any sort of grinding work. I noticed it was very tidy work.