Traditional Tremolo Routing Diagram?

OK... Pretty sure this has been covered here, probably many times... But I'm looking for the routing dimensions and position of a traditional tremolo, ala Fender Strat.

What's the distance from the nut to the pivot screws? (Like, scale length -6.35mm kind of deal.)

If anyone can point me to trem routing dimensions or even a plan preferably in DXF that's accurate I'd be extremely grateful!

Really sorry for bringing up an issue I'm sure has been covered but I can't find any info... And what I have found is inconsistent at best.

Thanks,

Mike.

10 hours ago, Mike.Mara said:

What's the distance from the nut to the pivot screws? (Like, scale length -6.35mm kind of deal.)

About halfway down this page seems to suggest scale length minus 1/4" (eg, if scale length is 25.5", then mounting holes should be 25.25" from the nut).

Although, if it were me I'd ignore any prescribed tables mentioning scale length minus x, as different bridges are built to different specs. I usually just rely on pushing the saddles as far forward as possible and positioning the bridge at the scale length based on where the break point on the saddles occur. This method has been discussed on the forums before.

10 hours ago, Mike.Mara said:

If anyone can point me to trem routing dimensions or even a plan preferably in DXF that's accurate I'd be extremely grateful!

This should get you started. Note that the picture is viewed from above, and that the rear penetration of the sustain block route is wider than the top penetration by about 5mm. This 'undercut' is usually in the order of 3-5mm from the top surface.

6 hours ago, curtisa said:

About halfway down this page seems to suggest scale length minus 1/4" (eg, if scale length is 25.5", then mounting holes should be 25.25" from the nut).

Although, if it were me I'd ignore any prescribed tables mentioning scale length minus x, as different bridges are built to different specs. I usually just rely on pushing the saddles as far forward as possible and positioning the bridge at the scale length based on where the break point on the saddles occur. This method has been discussed on the forums before.

This should get you started. Note that the picture is viewed from above, and that the rear penetration of the sustain block route is wider than the top penetration by about 5mm. This 'undercut' is usually in the order of 3-5mm from the top surface.

Thanks for the advice! That should help out a lot. Very much appreciated!