Three new rockers are coming to life

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 3:48 PM, ScottR said:

Man, the details in your builds are exquisite! That thing screams hot rod....in all meanings of the term. I love the gear shift pattern in the pick guard.

SR

Thank you so much ScottR, is really a proud hearing this words coming from you!

23 hours ago, Mr Natural said:

beautiful guitar.

well done man!

Thank you so much Mr Natural. I'm glad you like it!

23 hours ago, mistermikev said:

that is something else.  def on 'a whole nutha level' and a shoe in for gotm.  The metal details and paint and logo... just really pro.  very nice work. 

I feel like there is some corinthian leather missing there (jk)

Thank you very much mistermikev. Your words motivate me to continue doing things as well as It may be possible.

Scorpionscar

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 12:19 PM, Splintazert said:

Some very nice images and excellent work @scorpionscar , it seems you do things to a very high standard. Thanks for sharing your build process with us.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:53 PM, Guitar Goomba said:

Simply gorgeous!  Being a car guy, I adore the Ferrari shift-gate detail.

Thank you so much guys for your words and for your time. I promise a little surprise coming soon with this guitar. Stay tuned!!!

Scorpionscar

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, mistermikev said:

jeez your guitars are so nice they go on photo shoots?!!!  (the secret life of my guitars is not nearly so glamorous!)  that thing really is a beauty.  btw I'm not stalking you (facebook) - I'm stalking your guitar!

Thank you mistermkev, I'm glad you like it!!! She is really a beauty (the guitar hahaha), the model is really beautiful too and which is more important a very nice person. You can stalking me but I have to say that my girlfriend is a serial killer hahaha. I'm just joking!!!

Scorpionscar

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scorpionscar said:

Thank you mistermkev, I'm glad you like it!!! She is really a beauty (the guitar hahaha), the model is really beautiful too and which is more important a very nice person. You can stalking me but I have to say that my girlfriend is a serial killer hahaha. I'm just joking!!!

Scorpionscar

Well... if your girlfriend is anything like my wife: she will be fine with the idea of me sneaking off with one of your guitars!  haha!

• scorpionscar changed the title to Three new rockers are coming to life

I've returned the relic strato style guitar. I've been finishing the neck with nitrocellulose and adding my surname in the headstock with a decal I made on my own with my laser printer. I painted the gold effect with a marker pen. The rear of the neck, I painted only the headstock and the heel, the center didn't and use a dirty cloth with dust and coal and rubbed against the neck, then I applyed oil for protecting the wood. For the body I've used black nitro and made plastic templates which I cut with a hot wire machine I built for this purpose. The target is to leave the wood visible in determinate zones, but doing it the most realistic as possible. The method seems to work perfect. After that I'll apply a gloss finish and do some scratches (no great polish work). The guitar is a replica of the same guitar that Matthias Jabs of Scorpions used in the 90's and which you can see in my profile pic. Is not easy a relic guitar, almost most difficult I had thought. Some pics of the advances:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I'm going to try tu put a video about how I did the decals for the headstock. Is really easy for those of you who need one. I bough some decal sheets in Amazon, did the design and painted gold with a marker pen, the rest is as you can see in the video. Hope it can be helpful.

Scorpionscar

Edited by scorpionscar

• 1 month later...