Three new rockers are coming to life

2 hours ago, Norris said:

I was wondering wether to make a metal/ebony laminate for durability. I don't know how a thin sliver of ebony would stand up to being removed and refitted a few times. A slight over-tightening of the screws is likely to split it

Ebony is very resistant, mine are 2 mm and there is no problem. However you can do a multilaminated. I usually do this specially with control cavity covers.

Scorpionscar

• Like 1

I thought I'd update you on clearcoating over decals. This is aerosol 2K clearcoat over a decal. First day of applying layers. The edges of the decal are buried and can only be seen if you really try hard to find them. Flatting of the clearcoat will hide them entirely. These decals were made for me by Rothko and Frost and are simple waterslide transfers. The ink can melt if you spray anything heavy to start out with. Light coats seal it, subsequent coats bury it.

IMG_9341.JPG

On 6/20/2018 at 3:10 PM, Prostheta said:

I thought I'd update you on clearcoating over decals. This is aerosol 2K clearcoat over a decal. First day of applying layers. The edges of the decal are buried and can only be seen if you really try hard to find them. Flatting of the clearcoat will hide them entirely. These decals were made for me by Rothko and Frost and are simple waterslide transfers. The ink can melt if you spray anything heavy to start out with. Light coats seal it, subsequent coats bury it.

IMG_9341.JPG

Really beautiful Prostheta. I've followed your advises about dust coats and is incredible how none dissaster occurs. The sticker is protected and then is possible to open the flow of paint in the spry gun. For the headstock of the Flying-V I used a 0.18 mm thickness sticker in vinyl, too much thicknes and was hard to cover it by the clear coat. What I did was to use a paint brush and fill around the sticker, the result was very good. The next day I water sanded for flattening the surface and applyed more clear coats over. The sticker is perfectly inside the clear coats but it was no easy...

Scorpionscar

11 hours ago, scorpionscar said:

Really beautiful Prostheta. I've followed your advises about dust coats and is incredible how none dissaster occurs. The sticker is protected and then is possible to open the flow of paint in the spry gun. For the headstock of the Flying-V I used a 0.18 mm thickness sticker in vinyl, too much thicknes and was hard to cover it by the clear coat. What I did was to use a paint brush and fill around the sticker, the result was very good. The next day I water sanded for flattening the surface and applyed more clear coats over. The sticker is perfectly inside the clear coats but it was no easy...

Scorpionscar

Glad to hear it man. It can be a little difficult with thicker stickers or decals, especially nearly 0,2mm! I think that my water slide decals are maybe half of that thickness, so are a little easier to bury in the clearcoat. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 3:50 PM, FINEFUZZ said:

Wow, this build is impeccable and possesses so many awesome design details. 

I have never really liked the flying-V platform until now.

Thank you so much FINEFUZZ, I'm glad you like it. Explorers and V's are really sexys, I love them!

On 7/18/2018 at 4:49 PM, ScottR said:

Astounding attention to detail.

SR

Thank you Sco0ttR

This is the engine under the hood:

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

Scorpionscar

• 4 weeks later...

First hardrock beauty ready to rock. I have called it DEVA JAZZ, because Deva is the godess of water in celtic mythology,and where I live in, are descendants of celtic. This guitar is suitable to any situation, distorted hard rock sound and clean, so It addapts like water to its container, and jazz for the neck PUPs. It is a really all terrain guitar. Specs and some pics of the guitar. Hope you like it!

Deva_specs_ENGLISH.png

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Scorpionscar

Edited by scorpionscar
  • Like 3

On 8/15/2018 at 8:07 AM, Prostheta said:

Wow, now that's a nice guitar! One I'd certainly get along with very well. That's a material and hardware spec that speaks to me. Nice.

Going to GOTM her?

Thank you so much for your words Prostheta. About GOTM Had not thought,.. but maybe I'll take part if I'm in time...

On 8/15/2018 at 10:09 AM, Andyjr1515 said:

Beautiful guitar - top class.

Excellent job. :)

Thank you so much Andyjr1515!!!

On 8/15/2018 at 2:05 PM, FINEFUZZ said:

Magnificent,  Beautiful body and a lovely headstock form!

Thank you FINEFUZZ, I'm glad you like it!!!

On 8/15/2018 at 3:58 PM, ScottR said:

Very nicely done!

SR

Thank you so much Scott!!!

On 8/15/2018 at 5:10 PM, mistermikev said:

I concur... amaz-balls.

Thank you mistermikev, probably I'll concur too.

Scorpionscar

Edited by scorpionscar
  • Like 1