Stripy Double Cut With An F-Hole

ScottR

On 4/17/2018 at 10:51 AM, Prostheta said:

It did, yes. That's more or less the look that my dyed Zebrano is looking like it will turn out as also. Much classier than the gaudy original!

It was buried just beneath the surface eh? I'd like to see yours when it's ready.

SR

so- how many layers of tru oil in the end? not counting sand offs. I am thinking about this for the mahogany jazz master type I am building but I am really thinking I would rather suffer thru sanding solarex and be done with it in no time flat. I think I am done with laquer for a while- my lungs cant take it. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Natural said:

so- how many layers of tru oil in the end? not counting sand offs. I am thinking about this for the mahogany jazz master type I am building but I am really thinking I would rather suffer thru sanding solarex and be done with it in no time flat. I think I am done with laquer for a while- my lungs cant take it. 

I'm not sure I can figure it not counting sand offs. There were about 15 wipe on coats with one leveling. And 22 spray on coats...which are thicker than wipe on coats. And two levelings after that.

And given my age and memory, I'd say the total is plus or minus 3.:blink:

SR

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FINEFUZZ said:

The level of gloss is inspiring.  

So, out of the builds you have done, where would you rank this?  Is it one of your favorites?

For sure.

But then all my builds become my new favorite.:)

I I had to rank them all, Justin's Guitar would be my favorite. The quilt and the way the top came out is just too cool. Plus it was for my son, and that gives it an advantage over all the others. I think this one gives it a run for its money in the looks department though.

SR

12 hours ago, Chuck_Chill-Out said:

Scott, I continue to go back to the beginning of this thread for the before pics and then look st the after pics. Amazing build, sir! Looking at a few upgrades to the planned second build here.

Thank you kind sir, I appreciate it.

• 1 month later...