Obol guitar build

7 minutes ago, FINEFUZZ said:

Not only do we have brats, but the brewery here makes a "Wisconsin poutine" which has brats cut up into it with deep-fried cheese. 

is that anything like beer and cheese soup?  god I have been craving that for ages.  not really my home anymore (depere wi) but have been really homesick lately... cheese curds, brats, krohls chili... I guess I have just been missing the food!

looking back over this thread... some really interesting stuff here.  Hope you'll be posting more. (edit - just made the connection to the metal forms)

• Like 1

Beer cheese soup is pretty easy to make, and you cant swing a cat around here without hitting a cheese maker or a beer brewer.

This winter has been a challenge space-wise.  My wife got a kiln and a pottery wheel so we dedicated two little rooms to that equipment.  All my junk is piled in the other rooms of the basement, and underneath somewhere is my workbench.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/4/2019 at 2:17 PM, Prostheta said:

I'm curious to see how such strong resonances affect the final amplified sound. The complex nature of wooden instruments lead to a similarly complex tone. A singular material is more or less the polar opposite. It'll likely be very distinctive. 

Or, will the resonance of the materiel actually cause discord and damper the string vibrations?

This is the most accurate tool I have found to measure the material thickness, but if I could find a more exact way to gauge the thickness, I could make the part lighter still.

Drilling the stud holes in the bronze was a very nerve-racking experience.  Even slowly pecking at the bronze with a drill press didn't prevent the drill bit from aggressively grabbing the material 

I used a helical tap with a lot of cutting oil, and happily, this combination yielded good results.

IMG_20191102_134027.jpg

IMG_20191110_120517.jpg

IMG_20191110_131328.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, ScottR said:

I like the logo. It reads differently upside down.....but it still reads.

For some reason I visualize it backwards kuva.png.7e031ddec1ee82782edf4eae2f850838.png,

Their 10th anniversary ad was visually even closer: kuva.png.f8398e4032d10ab54fe34a0b34ce551c.png

That's a bicycle, translated the name would be EVBI for EVerybody's BIcycle.

• Like 1