25.5'' scale length for FR build

Have a body blank with no neck pocket route but FR route and posts are done have a 25.5 scale neck I DO understand that its measured from the nut and where it breaks on the bridge saddles.  My question is I'm using a used FR where the saddles have been intonated on a old guitar so what saddle do I measure to? do I move all the saddles to the rear as a new FR or Forward or what lol thanks for any input.

Starting with the high E saddle almost all the way forward and setting that at the scale length would be the way to set a hard tail bridge. I can't imagine it would be different with a FR.

Having said that, if your  route is done and the posts are set and you have your neck, you are not really trying to figure out where to set your bridge are you? It sounds like you are trying to locate the neck pocket. Same thing applies. Run the high E saddle 85-90% of the way forward and set your neck with the nut at the scale length away from that saddle break. All your intonation adjustments will involve moving saddles further away from the nut.

SR

4 hours ago, ScottR said:

Starting with the high E saddle almost all the way forward and setting that at the scale length would be the way to set a hard tail bridge. I can't imagine it would be different with a FR.

Having said that, if your  route is done and the posts are set and you have your neck, you are not really trying to figure out where to set your bridge are you? It sounds like you are trying to locate the neck pocket. Same thing applies. Run the high E saddle 85-90% of the way forward and set your neck with the nut at the scale length away from that saddle break. All your intonation adjustments will involve moving saddles further away from the nut.

SR

What do you mean away from the saddle break? Thought you measure to the break at the saddle? Thanks.