Fretboard elevated

I have cut a mortise and tenon for my bolt on neck for my hollow body guitar following directions to set the neck angle at the bridge so that a straight edge off he neck is 3.5 mm off the bridge location.  With this angle, the fretboard is elevated off the guitar about 3 mm at the sound hole. I have read that "elevated fretboards" can be desirable giving the body a chance to resonate.  In these articles they support the under surface of the fretboard with an extended piece of the neck.  I suspect this elevation is to some degree normal but also a reflection of the arching of the top -- perhaps uneven.  I am also wondering if some of this will go away after actual set up once the truss rod is used to set the neck.  I won't be playing the higher frets and this is not a cut out so does it matter?  How much elevation is acceptable?  Appreciate everyone's input on my other questions.  Pictures soon.