Time to vote!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Time to vote!

• Andyjr1515, "Impish Challenge"
    • Norris, "The Nozcaster"
    • pan_kara, "Strat-Thru"
    • Technology4Musicians, "(H)851-7S"

This poll is closed to new votes

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click
HERE!

Welcome to the ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round for this month! The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page, plus an (all-important) shiny member profile badge.

Good luck to this month's entrants! As usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however let any discussion in this thread influence your vote! :)

Polls will close automagically in the first week of January 2018, however this thread is permanently open for discussion on this month's entries and how your vote was used!

Wow, a very difficult choice of vote this month. Not because choosing one would be difficult, more not choosing the other three.

Both @Andyjr1515 and @Norris' builds have fine build diaries which detailed personal tribulations, decision-making processes till they cross the finish line. It's always an honour to be part of the conversation whilst instruments are mid-process.

Similarly, @pan_kara's own storyline behind the Strat-Thru were equally compelling, even if the process was more hit by setbacks thanks to fractious swirling products. I very much like the comprehensive switching, however the thin squealing tone on the first playthrough of the Bohemian Rhapsody was probably more akin to the original! The low strings with those singles sound super detailed in the low mids and piano-line. Lovely! That's a lot of Queen in the demo....no bad thing man!

@Technology4Musicians - absolutely stunning design! I love how builders who are also capable of designing/making their own hardware extend their personal aesthetic to the overall instrument. Engineering does go a long way in making instruments, not just pure art. I dig it.

I swear that watching these builds develop is making the decisions even harder! All of the builds offer something very unique:

@Andyjr1515 has some classy wood choices, especially with the slice of wenge under the burl, and the purpleheart works perfectly with maple.

@Norris managed to pull-off a pretty ambitious aesthetic for a first build. The subtle top carve and scoops make for an intrestesting twist on the Tele formula. It's awesome when a Tele is built to be more than just a workhorse, and there's a hell of a lot going on to be proud of for a first build.

@pan_kara 's Strat is great to see finished, after a few bumps in the road. The fanned fret set-up was brave enough (I'm so glad you angled the headstock to match the nut), before you consider the major surgery to bring the whole thing back to life! The swirl looks fantastic too, and using a limited colour palette keeps it from looking busy or confused.

@Technology4Musicians has some serious innovation on show. The design and hardware are incredibly elegant; it's great to see how the guitar evolved from your previous headless model. I'm also a fan of the bright, clean wood choices.

I had to roll with my gut on this one. Not very scientific at all...

Well, for me it's simple.  

When you see a project on the go where the timescales are such that the builder plants the seed that grows into a sapling and ultimately into a magnificent maple tree, which is then felled and seasoned for decades to be used in a design that has matured in parallel timescales as with only the best of clarets....

...sorry, but it had to be @Norris 's

No contest :)

Nice selection of builds this month, voted for my favourite (Secret) :) Decided not to re-enter mine as I felt being a trading builder was a little unfair. Came close last month but I'm glad @MassimoPL77 got it. Will keep my builds confined to my own thread and look forward to seeing next month's entries in the PG GOTM. Happy new year to all!!!

Edited by Guest