Advice and information wanted re skip find

Hi all, I'm new around here but am seeking any information you may have regarding my recent skip find. 

It is a Columbus Series 3 strat copy with a Bendmaster pro trem and HSS pickup configuration.  I have been lead to believe that it might be a pre=lawsuit edition and I am currently refurbishing it.  It has a locking nut, zero fret, 21 frets and apart from a slight electrical issue, looks to be ready to play.  Any advice on restoring the finish would be very welcome as there are a few dings that need to be sorted out, although with a guitar of this age I don't think a perfect finish is appropriate, just a touch up of the damage that was recent, probably as a result of throwing it into the skip

Dings are on the back of the body. the neck is pretty good, may have to tweak the truss rod a little and do a light fret dress.

I've just checked out the electrics and, apart from a crackly volume pot, they're all good.  I'm going to fit a new jack socket but apart from that it looks like a light touch restoration is on the cards.

8 hours ago, Prostheta said:

....or touch up pens from Halfords? They're more or less the same thing. 

Right....I'll just go and suggest to MrsAndyjr1515 that she goes to the automotive bodyshop and panelbeaters suppliers for her make-up, then...

:lol:

1 hour ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Right....I'll just go and suggest to MrsAndyjr1515 that she goes to the automotive bodyshop and panelbeaters suppliers for her make-up, then...

Good luck with that. I'm going to rummage through 'er indoors' bodywork repair kit and see what matches.  Alternatively standing in Boots with the guitar body, trying matching shades..  Thanks for the suggestions,

1 hour ago, Andyjr1515 said:

:lol: