Entry for September 2018's Guitar Of The Month is open!
ENTER HERE!

KempGuitars

Fishman pups wiring help...

Hey, 

Fishman Open Core (neck and bridge) and active single coil (middle). I'm after this configuration, can any one help me with a wiring schematic... 

Screenshot_20180408-192631_zpswbw5qopc.p

Many thanks in advance 👍 

Don't think it can be done with a 5-way and two push-pulls. There are too many different permutations with no commonality between the variants. The differences between the possible switching patterns between vol pot down and up, for example, are more than can be achieved on a single DPDT push-pull.

It's also not completely clear what happens for each combination of vol and tone pot up and down:

• vol pot down = switching combo #1, but is tone pot up or down at the same time?
  • tone pot up = switching combo #2, but is vol pot up or down at the same time?
  • vol pot up = switching combo #3, but is tone pot up or down at the same time?

There should be four possible switching options of the vol/tone pots.

21 minutes ago, curtisa said:

Don't think it can be done with a 5-way and two push-pulls. There are too many different permutations with no commonality between the variants. The differences between the possible switching patterns between vol pot down and up, for example, are more than can be achieved on a single DPDT push-pull.

It's also not completely clear what happens for each combination of vol and tone pot up and down:

• vol pot down = switching combo #1, but is tone pot up or down at the same time?
  • tone pot up = switching combo #2, but is vol pot up or down at the same time?
  • vol pot up = switching combo #3, but is tone pot up or down at the same time?

There should be four possible switching options of the vol/tone pots.

I hate these damn pickups 😁 

This is a diagram from Fishman. Given to me by a customer. I was thinking the same about the push-pull combination... And there is no mention of tone pot down. Switching, I guess, would be one of these monster switches but I don't normally use anything other than 3-way toggles so even wiring up a regular 5-way lever requires the help of a diagram. This would be over my head completely. 

I'll get in touch with Fishman and see if they can give me the full schematic. 

Thanks Curtisa

I can see ways of doing each of the three on a 5-way megaswitch, but not easily changing between the three variants with only a push-pull. I reckon you'd struggle doing it even with a 4PDT mini toggle between any two modes.

• Thanks 1