so... needed to join a .4 maple burl top together.  have no jointer and anyways I'm not comfy on a jointer - I guess because I've only used them a handful of times.  anywho, here is a video of the how I prepped my top to be joined using the frontside/backside router trick.  It's a fairly well known technique but haven't seen a lot of vids on this so thought I'd share.

sorry, too big to host here so... youtube it is...

video of prep on maple burl top

very nice reply mr natural.  your name suggests perhaps you have a  background in professional wrestling?  hehe

anywho, i guess we all have our own feared tools. 

as a woodworker - I knew too many people with missing digits and 9/10 were from a tablesaw... few from a shaper, none that I know of from a router.  that said, I am very aware that any tool can hurt you on any day.

as far as blow out... seems like downhill routing and good blades does the trick for me... at least on walnut.

thank you very much for checking out 'boozer'.  I very much appreciate your comments.  do you have a youtube channel?  happy to return the feedback if you do.

cheers 

6 hours ago, mistermikev said:

very nice reply mr natural.  your name suggests perhaps you have a  background in professional wrestling?  hehe

do you have a youtube channel?  happy to return the feedback if you do.

cheers

No wrestling background. My name/avatar is a reference to an R Crumb character from the sixties.

While I appreciate the offer- I have no youtube channel/twitter/instawhatever/facebook- i just sort of lurk in the shadows. 

• Like 1