32" scale p bass "the picalow"

thanks for the advice gentlemen.  I've done plenty of fret leveling but this is my second shot at replacing and as mentioned the first fret did not go well.  I hope that's just a product of slot depth.  With that in mind... how do y'all measure the slot depth?  Piece of paper and a pen?

• 5 weeks later...

facebook thread here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/44274804507/?multi_permalinks=10156438706584508&notif_id=1530390253167677&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

Learned a lot.  Special thanks to all here for help, encouragement, and listening to me drivel on.

DSCF2869.JPG

DSCF2875.JPG

DSCF2877.JPG

DSCF2879.JPG

DSCF2880.JPG

DSCF2881.JPG

DSCF2882.JPG

DSCF2883.JPG

• Like 2

She looks great! I'd have no hesitation in giving her a spin. There seems a better amount of balance unlike a lot of double MMs. So what's the next adventure on the horizon? You know you can't just build the one, right? 🤪

GOTM for July will open tomorrow....you should enter!

• Thanks 1

I owe 90% of it to you guys.  Always encouraging, always quick with the answers.  Thank you specifically prostheta for encouragement afa gotm.  I guess it can't hurt to throw my hat in although the competition around here would suggest to me I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Thank you guys very much for your responses.

Next on the list...(since you asked - doubt I'll live long enough to do all the ones on my list now but...)

going to learn about binding.  I'm going to use faux plastic abalone binding and faux acrylic abalone inlays.  no radius on this one cause it's a slide geetar.  countersunk bridge so my pu won't stick out too far.  think I'm going to do an angled headstock and an unconventional set neck.  currently searching for a deal on some mahog for the backside altho I can get a nice 1 pc popular 8/4 blank for $25... not sure what I'll do afa top... but this is the general idea.MyDanoU2Plan_full_size.thumb.jpg.3423ed8d9a7d26db76f8399c5c06823a.jpg

thank you very much gentlemen.  I've got enough walnut left to do two more... one piece has crotch figuring on the top half.  Can't decide what to do with that... but I love the way this walnut looks with just a light finish.  So dark.  Want to take my time to decide what it should become.

thanks again for all the replies and encouragement!

• 1 month later...