DIY kit transistor type

ScotCan

I recently bought one of the 'jersey jr' kits, and have now started doing the wiring.

Instructions for the kit are here.

However, I have foolishly mislaid the transistor, and wondered if anybody using the board might be able to advise on a suitable replacement.

Feel free to laugh at (1) my choice of kit or (2) my failure to not lose things, but help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wow, those instructions are a bit 'special'. You're after a capacitor (it's mislabeled as both  a 'transistor' and a 'transformer' in separate locations in the instructions).

A 0.022uF capacitor appears to be commonly used with the LP Junior.

Thank you so much. The instructions are vague to the point that I'm regarding this as me learning how to build a guitar, rather than actually relying on them. Out of interest, if I use a 0,047uF, does that just affect the tone (as opposed to posing and kind of risk to the other components? I have plenty experience with tricky flat pack furniture, but these take the biscuit. Thank you so much, and thank god for youtube. :)

On 5/6/2018 at 4:27 PM, curtisa said:

Wow, those instructions are a bit 'special'. You're after a capacitor (it's mislabeled as both  a 'transistor' and a 'transformer' in separate locations in the instructions).

A 0.022uF capacitor appears to be commonly used with the LP Junior.

funny, I'm reading this going "cool, it must have some sort of active circuit in it" pouring over the instructions and going "ok I must be missing something... I see no transistors involved in this at all".  hehe.