Steel body strat

6 hours ago, Prostheta said:

I bet that @pan_kara would have a field day with this guitar.

true .. it must resonate in a lot of funny ways, as you said. Cool idea!

my whole "analysis" project is on hold at the moment due to the usual issues (aka life). I did push it along quite a bit in the past months though, then decided to preclude the whole thing with a youtube series describing the basics that my approach is built upon (starting with a full overview of the vibrating string physics) .. and drowned in the literature studies that I needed to do. It's still all near the top of my priority list actually.

Some Project!! 😵

i read the thread, but must’ve missed what the pickup layout will be ... ?  While this is a massive Faraday Cage 😉, I would imagine single coils might need some serious shielding.  

I know you said purple, but chromed would be fantastic!

looking forward to how you wind this up ( pun very much intended)

Pickup will be just a basic humbucker with a volume/tone combo. I kept it simple for ease of building. If it works I may do a more elaborate round 2.

Chrome would be awesome BUT in order to get something chromed the parts need to be near mirror finished to look decent. Im going to try to get a good finish before powder coating but its not detrimental. There is so many nooks and crannys its going to be a job in itself to get it presentable.

4 hours ago, GuitarGuy said:

Pickup will be just a basic humbucker with a volume/tone combo. I kept it simple for ease of building. If it works I may do a more elaborate round 2.

Chrome would be awesome BUT in order to get something chromed the parts need to be near mirror finished to look decent. Im going to try to get a good finish before powder coating but its not detrimental. There is so many nooks and crannys its going to be a job in itself to get it presentable.

Yeah ... I knew that answer to that.  I had a chromed Japanese road racer (bicycle) with chromoly tubes and really fancy lugs, and saw what the builder had to do to prep the frame ... crazy!  

While I could imagine chrome, I would not want to be the one to prepare for it!  I am certain your powder coat will turn out beautiful, and look forward to it. 👍

Humbucker should be nice. Certainly any kind of hum reduction will help, as the entire guitar is grounded.  Don't use this guitar with a vintage amp!!!!!! 😉

• Haha 1