Doodle Design

ZekeB

I like to design guitars when I'm not trying to figure out how to build one.  Just thought I'd share here.  Calling this one the Osprey.

Wanted a really bold binding with purfling.  Also worked around the idea of having pieces of hard woods like ebony and rosewood maybe as the scratchboard like an cello or stand up bass.  

image.thumb.png.c3ec90fd3b904b7f908945e7aec8160e.png

Edited by ZekeB

21 hours ago, ZekeB said:

Made an Edit to the signature.  Was inspired by some of the guitars I saw on here to put their logos in different areas so i decided it would be need to inlay the scratch board.

image.thumb.png.8cf0a88442d2a3ca88a57c776948975b.png

Edited by ZekeB

A guy in primary school used to call me "doodle" so I just had to check out your post!

Nice looking guitar, good to see something that doesn't resemble a Strat or a Les Paul. When I was in High School (loooong time ago) I used to draw guitar designs in boring classes like Social Studies or English. I came up with a sort of Flying V with chamfered edges like an SG. it took about 25 years but I did get around to making it

The Signature looks good on the timber scratch plate, and a nicely balanced colour scheme, well done! And I think its cool that you came up with a name. The only names I come up with are like "M" for Maple or MH for Mahogany. The first two I made were out of Jarrah so they're "J1" and J5" (2, 3 and 4 died in infancy)

Thanks!  Yeah, my first guitar didn't turn out so great either.  You still have that sketch lying around?  I'd love to see it.

I'm on board with you for originality.  I love fender and gibson but I just want to see something new.  I could look at the GOT winners for hours.  I've got a pretty good sized collection of ideas so its really fun to finally build one and bring it to life.  I can tell its going to be pretty addicting.  Kind of like building your own line of guitars.