February 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open - ENTER HERE!

westhemann

Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

That sounds fun. I wish I had a little cafe racer right now.

I'm looking forward to the challenge of it, because I want it to feel good as well as look good. This is the front end. It's from an 84 Goldwing. 

The k100 front end was never the greatest,  but add a few years of wear and it becomes outright hazardous. Add into that the fact that it's a 750 pound bike(from factory) with smaller tires than most 500 pound bikes and that it has a 32" seat height and it starts to feel like a skateboard. 

Also, k100 parts to redo it's own front end are nonexistent and what is available is super expensive. 

20190212_062920.jpg

Edited by westhemann

Rant mode *ON*

Go to Ebay and search 5A maple. Look at the hundreds of 2A and 3A, colored crap with faint figure they wish was sausage curl.
Resist the urge to message every single one with "not 5A". 
Come here and vent.

Rant mode *OFF*

I figure that I best rant a little. Last week I was offered a trial transfer "upstairs" to support the design department rather than working on the shop floor. Obviously a good thing given my weight of desktop work. Since starting at this company I've found so little time and ability to collect my motivation and do productive useful things with PG. Moving city and losing my small workshop put quite a dent in this also. I'd like to think that I could figure out a better way forward, and I am sure that given enough effort and time that I can. The obvious difficulty here is that time is a precious resource, and PG is something that doesn't really sleep or conform to occasional dipping of one's toes. I think now would be a good time to re-collect our thoughts and figure out whether we can diffuse site admin and general week-to-week stuff rather than have everything in one spot.

I need a desk other than the one at work. *~%'/

Life throws things at you and I guess you can either catch it and throw it back or let it hit you in the crotch.

I have no idea what that actually means though.

On another note, I have 2 days off in a row for the first time in a while and I'm not sure whoch project to focus on... house, truck, or motorcycle. I don't have money I can use to buy lumber,  so I'll probably spend a couple of hours in that house and then start on the motorcycle.  I hadn't planned on starting that any time soon, but I have everything I need to do it, so by default it's either that or probably watch tv all day for two days.

3 hours ago, westhemann said:

Life throws things at you and I guess you can either catch it and throw it back or let it hit you in the crotch

That makes me think of a line I came across recently, that I quite like:

Life is easy, living is hard.

SR

I finally got it cleared out enough to do the work. Of course, it will be at least 2-3 weeks before I can afford lumber, sheetrock, and insulation. 

Anyway, bathroom where the tub is, couch where the fat barber chair is, and tv across from that. I have to buy 10' sheets of sheetrock,  so that sucks.

20190217_155259.jpg

20190217_155316.jpg

• Like 1