The vote on May 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
VOTE HERE

westhemann

Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

Wes - As a diehard brewer, I can neither confirm nor deny any such operation that may or may not exist regarding that subject. If any such operation did exist, I would not be at liberty to discuss operational details.

Age bourbon in glass jars with split Madagascar vanilla beans and a bunch of orange zest for a good month or two if not more. If you have "white" then age in a gallon jug with about 6 toasted white oak sticks.

I believe what I am doing is called infusion. 

It's not going well. So far everything is crap. First I used an unsuitable pot and a strong metal taste leached in, and my second batch I seem to have made too strong. 

I'll figure it out eventually. 

• Haha 1

Okay so you guys all know my back issues and recovery. I have still been having hip issues ( the complaint I had in JAN of 2018 that started all of this crap). I saw the orthopedist yesterday. They took x-rays and 10 minutes later I am with the Doctor and looking at my  films. WTF???? My left hip is a total wreck. Now they want to do a hip replacement. FUCK ME!!! I have to digest this a little before I can go forward..

MK

2 hours ago, Prostheta said:

It's those tight jeans and disco dance moves that've fucked you up man.

ROTFLMFAO!!! Fuck disco!!! I am older than that. :) I hated that shit. Rock and roll all night long.

• Like 1

Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Stayin' alive. Stayin' alive.

Dang, Mike. You've lived too hard. I'm just glad my butthole is still water tight these days... after the gallbladder came out sometimes the healthy pucker strings are all that gets me to the turlet on time.

16 minutes ago, westhemann said:

Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Stayin' alive. Stayin' alive.

Dang, Mike. You've lived too hard.

>snip<

I guess so Wes, Man I didn't think I did that much damage.  LOL!!!

mk

So I have been working on my CNC models while I wait for the Doctors to decide what is the best course of action. I will be opening an ETSy store to sell some of my generic models. LOL!!!

Here is the LH and RH S Style model.I working on the necks now.

MK

rhlhmodels.jpg

LH_S_Style_back.jpg

RH_ S_Style_back.jpg

255STneck.jpg

It’s been forever since I posted but I still come by the site and read up on how everyone is doing. Hello and have a good day, all! 

• Like 1

You too man! I'm pulled in so many directions these days that I scarcely find time to even play guitar, never mind build them....

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MiKro said:

So I have been working on my CNC models while I wait for the Doctors to decide what is the best course of action. I will be opening an ETSy store to sell some of my generic models. LOL!!!

Here is the LH and RH S Style model.I working on the necks now.

MK

rhlhmodels.jpg

LH_S_Style_back.jpg

RH_ S_Style_back.jpg

255STneck.jpg

Is there money in selling models? I mean, people that can't draw themselves generally tend to be a huge drag given the questions and constant support.

"Sold as seen, I'm not your fucking engineer"

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 12:42 PM, Prostheta said:

Is there money in selling models? I mean, people that can't draw themselves generally tend to be a huge drag given the questions and constant support.

"Sold as seen, I'm not your fucking engineer"

Yes, there is and as you say "Sold as seen, I'm not your fucking engineer" I am finishing up the paddle head neck model. It will be easier than fighting Bender. LOL!!

mk

paddlehead1.jpg

My Etsy store. Right and Left Hand Styles available with paddle head neck and 10"R fretboard models. More to come. :)

3d guitars by Rio

I hate Doctors. I had an appiontment with my orthopedist this morning. I was moved to a room after about 10mins in the waiting room. 1 hour and 50 mins later I am still waiting. The next room to me he is seeing patients. Sees 5 of them before I finally said FUCK this and left. Really folks, that is bullshit.  Time for a new doctor.

Rant over.

MK

Just finished this neck model for a friends business. He wanted it to be a plain angled paddle head with a set neck heel he can hand do to final contour.

mk

13degreepaddleheadsetneck.jpg

• Like 1

Well,  it's definitely a Monday. I drag myself out of bed and drive over an hour to where the jobsite is and the other guy is still an hour away.

I could have stayed home and drank more coffee.

So I'm sure I'll be here later than I want because of it.

• Sad 1

Here is a Bass neck for a build I will be doing soon. The head stock face is not done yet so yes it is flat in the picture. LOL!!!

MK.

riobass34.jpg

He finally arrived and I'm finally home. Welding sucks. My hands are cramping now.

Waaaaa I'm old!

• Haha 1

Fuck Me, I am having one of those days when it all goes to shit. first working on a neck model in Rhino for a customer and I acn't get the frigging head stock transition to work at all. ????

Then trying to tram my machine, It crashed the other day. and screwed up the Z axis. I pushed the wrong damn button and crashed the tramming tool into the granite slab. That destroyed the dial indicators. Not sure what else. Just ordered new indicators. So time to STOP and have a drink.

Have a Great Day All!!!

MK

On 5/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, westhemann said:

Welding sucks.

Waaaaa I'm old!

I'm old too, but starting welding in the last couple years and love it. So far it's the most basic arc welding with a crappy welder my dad had, but it's fun to be able to join metal. When I finish one I give it a hammer test to see if it stuck. I've fixed an office chair, put extenders on my brewing burner to hold bigger pots, and I'm making a tripod for a telescope out of an old basketball goal post.

My buddy also thinks it's fun. I'm like "do it for 10 hours a day every day for a while."

Also, there is this thing called galvanized steel. You don't want anything to do with that.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, westhemann said:

My buddy also thinks it's fun. I'm like "do it for 10 hours a day every day for a while."

Also, there is this thing called galvanized steel. You don't want anything to do with that.

That shit will Kill you.

Had to put my welding truck in the shop. For some reason the rear brskes don't want to work. I replaced the pads all the way around,  but nothing on either side.

Seems like every time you try to find equilibrium with the world around you the world just says "nuh uh uh.... not so fast, sparky!"

• Haha 1

Just to show you some of my woodworking skills outside guitar building. Three more to go... That one created some 100 litres of sawdust (lightly packed, not pressed) to be used as "brown" material for composting kitchen waste.

That's two metres high with a 85 cm radius. Tools used: A chainsaw and two axes.

half.thumb.JPG.64f2e541c01122e79262f974bcccc8f7.JPG

full.thumb.JPG.3be8dba6955eeaef0c49251d16203c17.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1