Entry for October 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
ENTER HERE

westhemann

Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

Hell, I was thinking further on it and I could quite possibly just build a small "cricket habitat" outside with holes large enough for crickets to enter and exit and throw leftover veggie bits in and keep it moist and let the crickets find it themselves. 

Then they breed and leave naturally and the ducks, etc just catch as catch can.

Wes, you're starting to think simple! Simple thoughts give simple answers to difficult questions. Your plans start to sound like they could survive!

Well again we will try to get this damn hip surgery done. Now having to fulfill a bunch of crap for the cardiologist. I was cleared then things changed and had to cancel and now reschedule this surgery. F me, I just want to get back on my feet and build. Now have to do all the Pre-Ops again. LOL!!!

mk

10 minutes ago, westhemann said:

if you want to get old

Lately I've noticed a slight concern about myself getting old. Then again, it might be the cereals I've had for breakfast...

6 hours ago, westhemann said:

I'm learning as I go that if you want to get old, you better be tough.

Damn Skippy you do!! LOL!!!

BTW Wes did you get any of the rain?

I'm Sure Scott did. We got nothing here in Dallas.

MK

Man I missed a great party. An old friend from grade school to High School days. His younger brother Clif and I are the same age and George is my older brothers age. We all grew up together in the same neighborhood. Well Georges 68th Birthday party was epic and I cannot travel. He is a Billionaire now and lives in Italy. Yes that is a "B". 

The opening act for the party was "The Beach Boys"

Headliner " Queen "

WOW!!! The stuff I am getting on FB about this from Kym  his wife is epic.

Maybe next year. :)

brianmay1.jpg

brianm2.jpg

brian3.jpg

adam1.jpg

wine1.jpg

beachboys.jpg

George and his wife Kym at front stage. LOL!!! Yes that is Brian May and the Red Special

g_k1.jpg

On 9/21/2019 at 6:48 PM, MiKro said:

I'm Sure Scott did. We got nothing here in Dallas.

On 9/22/2019 at 2:52 AM, westhemann said:

I barely saw any rain.it was basically just a few miles east the whole time. Scott got all of it.

I got plenty of it, but luckily my side of town only got about 4.5". The east side of town had to move the decimal point one place to the right.

SR

• Like 1

Hi all, 

I finally get to have my hip replaced on Friday October 4th. I am so ready for this. Being able to walk again will be a major improvement in my life. :)

MK

1 hour ago, ScottR said:

Best of luck Mike!

SR

Thank you Scott,

I am ready for this. :) Then maybe I can get some builds done as well as the honey dos that are piled up. LMAO!!!!

MK

You should start playing online video games. You can shake your fist and be mad at the kids onscreen and everything. 

It's very soothing.

1 hour ago, westhemann said:

You should start playing online video games. You can shake your fist and be mad at the kids onscreen and everything. 

It's very soothing.

I used to play WOT and that was one of things I did was cuss the kids. I gave up on Video games after putting years into that game and Clan wars. Then played 7 days to die. that went south as the updates just got to be BS.

Well, the first 2 years of Destiny 2 is becoming free to download and play on any platform this coming Tuesday. I believe they're calling it Destiny:New Light. It's an attempt to bring more people into the world. 

It's basically a cross between WoW and Rage, but with alien races trying to take our solar system. 

It's a very large game. First person shooter, but no motion sickness and really excellent gunplay and large variety of weapons.  You shoot stuff, you pick up loot, you design and ipgrade your characters. It's a mix of really easy low key public areas and really tough quests and endgame. It has pvp, but other players can't damage or grief you in pve areas. If someone tries to push you off an edge or something they just barely nudge you before going completely through you. Smacking each other with a melee is sort of a social greeting and if you're waiting for an event or something you'll just kind of shoot at each other and dodge the bullets or whatever just to pass the time, but no damage can be taken.

Pvp is VERY tough. Everyone in pvp is excellent. 

It was the first FPS I ever liked.

Just don't go on the Bungie forum. That's a cesspool of children insulting each other and people crying about some weapon they can't counter.

Loads of fun though. You might really enjoy it, and like I say it's free come Tuesday on Xbox One, PS4, or PC. I probably play it 20 hours a week or more.

• Like 1

Got up in the middle of the night last night and my fucking hip dislocated. Fuck me it hurt. Took about 10 mins to get that back in place. Came real close to calling 911. I just have to make it until Friday. LOL!!

MK

On 9/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, ScottR said:

Yeah, that should become a thing of the past,

SR

I sure hope so. This has been brutal. It dislocated again today.

MK

3 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

SR

Thank you Scott,

I am feeling pretty good about it. I hope yours next week goes well also. :)

Mike

• Like 1

well im home, man back surgery is much easier.

i see gotm never got closed. well so much for that win. lol.

mk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

I'll try and get in front of a keyboard tomorrow Mike. 

no problem carl, im down anyway since my hip replacement. funny how 2 votes came in today though. lol it happens.

mk