Entry for December 2019's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

westhemann

Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

Well, now that's another thing.

I watched this documentary called The Game Changers on Netflix (highly recommend) and I went vegetarian a couple of weeks ago.

I also found the key to a vegetarian diet in Texas...

TACOS!!!

So I'm eating bean and potato tacos(among other things) every day.

So any goats I raise will be only as sex toys I guess.

11 hours ago, westhemann said:

So any goats I raise will be only as sex toys I guess.

Wool? I guess your goats would get really hot down in Texas if you don't shave them.

Milk? Are you sure the goatlings can drink it all?  Or are you going to get billies only?

Goats around here don't have wool. They have hair.

Also, it's not necessary to milk things if you don't want the milk. They'll just stop producing when the kids are weaned and start again next pregnancy. 

hausziege_04.jpg

My technical skills with asshole ruminants are borderline non-existent. I can however, almost not hit deer with my car which I suppose is technical enough for those asshole mobile food transports.

Speaking of which, I compared Prisma häränsisäfile to Citymarket's, and the latter was far better. At least here in Turku anyway. K seem to be running the duopoly here.

Whilst I am thinking of this, I remember that in Pori opposite side of the road to Puuvilla shopping centre, they used to have a "KKK Supermarket". Unsurprisingly, they closed that one down.

For insight, the supermarkets and major retail chains here tend to be owned by one of two huge retailing co-ops as a duopoly; Kesko and S Group.

It is worth bearing in mind that the letter "S" is pronounced "ass" and "group" is "ryhmä". Literally, "ass rumour".

And my first phone in Finland was a "Samsung Galaxy Ass".

My second was an S2. "Two" is pronounced "kaks(i)" which isn't far off "multiple male chickens".

• Like 1

Went back today to walk the entire property. Lots of cool yurt spots. Plus boob hill(boob hill not on property).

It extends way back. If it goes as planned I'll be putting a gate into the back and building stuff in the trees in no time.

20191110_115432.jpg

20191110_115456.jpg

20191110_115459.jpg

Had a few build related enquiries lately that have all started off with "What's your website url" so I've taken a bit of time out of building to up my marketing game and got myself a website together. Still very much a work in progress - it's not really mobile optimised yet, I guess you'd call it a soft launch. Very happy to get any feedback, suggested improvements if any one is interested.

http://adfinlaysonguitars.co.uk/

• Like 1

Nice! Can you imagine what the pictures look like on a 30" screen?! Just wow!

I appreciate that despite the images are large in pixel count they still are small in file size which makes the images load fast. Someone knew how to do things right!

14 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

Nice! Can you imagine what the pictures look like on a 30" screen?! Just wow!

I appreciate that despite the images are large in pixel count they still are small in file size which makes the images load fast. Someone knew how to do things right!

Thanks @Bizman62 I work on a 28" monitor, so it's getting things to look good on small screens that normally poses the problem. The photos are hosted on photos.google.com so they can take all of the credit for the compression wizardry :D I know I've got a few browsers issues to address, but I'm hoping I can have it all up and running and get back out in the workshop by the weekend.

20 hours ago, westhemann said:

Plus boob hill(boob hill

That almost looks like a burial mound.

The rest looks like a nice little slice of Texas.

SR

I was trying to get my RV rehabbed and I  think I'm going to just build a new RV on my 16' trailer. I just don't see how I'd be comfortable in a 28' prowler.

Good thing is I actually have all the things I need to outfit an RV just leftover from my conex bathroom I never could make work in that space. I would have to rape the Prowler for the gas stove and hot water heater, but that's fine considering all the gas lines in it need redone anyway and you can't get to most of them.

Went crazy and put that Goldwing front end on my CB900C.

More rubber, better brakes, better handlebars, etc... but now the hard part. I have to make it all work. 

20191119_114825.jpg

The weird thing is the turning stops were different on the bikes even though the stem, bearings, nuts, etc were the same... so I cut the stop off the 900 neck and replaced it with the Goldwing stop.

Luckily I have a bit of welding experience and even have done greased parts before so I remembered to clean the grease out and remove bearings.

If you haven't had the displeasure,  the heat from welding will burn the grease right onto the bearing chase and will flat out ruin bearings if you don't remove/clean.

The Goldwing even had a nifty plastic cover for the stop to beautify it.

20191119_165527.jpg

20191119_170413.jpg

• Like 1

I'll need to clean the front end before putting the lights, etc on.

Fortunately the wiring was just long enough to accommodate the taller handlebars with some light rerouting. Unfortunately,  the brake lines are not so I had to order new lines for $116, which was the best price I could find, but still.. ouch.

Got the wiring hooked back up and working. Now while I wait for brake lines I need to find a new home for the choke and fusebox, as those used to live in the ignition cap, which doesn't fit on the new front end.

Also, the official lunch of Texas.

20191120_110436.jpg

20191120_112939.jpg

• Like 2

Asked my 2 year old what she wanted for Christmas the other day and she said "Guitar Daddy" which made my day, shame I didn't ask her a couple of months ago because I could have had a go at making her one. But I got her a 1/4 size classical which should do her for a couple of years. It's not up to much as you can imagine for £40. But I expect it will get some abuse (my first guitar did). Even with how badly finished it is - painted binding, wasn't masked off very well etc, I can't believe that these things can be made so cheaply. 

1068996103_ScreenShot2019-11-22at11_07_59.thumb.png.464cf6f31ad25da0fb0e80cd245ffc24.png

Kids are sponges. Surround them with a rich variety and they'll find their own calling. Just having any guitar around makes a deep impression I think. 

United States needs to get with the program. I run all over town trying to find metric brake fittings and only found Imperial.  Now I have to sit and wait for Amazon to deliver all the little things I needdd to make my front brakes work. 

Sad thing is I bought a line kit from Ebay that didn't come with a 3 way union. The picture showed a 3 way, but it was apparently a different kit "for illustration purposes only".

Quality braided lines for half what the bike shops charge,  so I won't complain. Shit drives me crazy though.

• Like 1

tons of shite going on in my universe these days, but every now and then a nice break in the storm clouds comes my way. My 25th service anniversary with the company I work for came up in late September- and got to pick a gift. I got the cookware for my 15th, a Coach purse for the Mrs on my 20th, and this year- finally something I really wanted to get.

and need.

desperately.

I  finally get a proper replacement for the one I sold when I was getting together the down payment for my house. It only took me 15 years and an anniversary gift from my company to do it.  

now to find the time to do anything with it. 

20191126_195018.thumb.jpg.e9801f800bb5ac77c09bd590a59f0a2e.jpg

• Like 1