Entry for June 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

westhemann

Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

A vindictive person would buy fireworks and fire them off now(6am).

I don't know what the deal is, but this year apparently they are selling fireworks that are just too damn loud. The entire area was blanketed with gunpowder last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2019 at 7:40 PM, MiKro said:

Hi Guys, still trying to get my legs under me.

Hey Mike. I've been meaning to ask how the new joint was working so far.

I presume rehab sucks rocks?

SR

2 hours ago, ScottR said:

Hey Mike. I've been meaning to ask how the new joint was working so far.

I presume rehab sucks rocks?

SR

I haven't been to rehab since they stopped the home rehab. For some reason the Insurance company is balking about out patient rehab? I'm on medicare/humana. With the new year I will try again?

My main problem Scott is the edema problems caused by the twit that ignored my hematologists orders to get me back on my blood thinners after my back surgery in 2018. That has caused a lot of problems with my joints and legs which are constantly swollen now. This makes it very hard to walk. Otherwise I am doing well. Starting to duck walk without my cane these past few days. My balance is still questionable due to the previous stated problems. LOL. Thanks for asking. I hope all is well in Planet Houston? :)

MK

So you're back to the point of fuckedness you were at five years ago? Surely that's a positive compared to six months ago!!

Happy New Year old fart 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Prostheta said:

So you're back to the point of fuckedness you were at five years ago? Surely that's a positive compared to six months ago!!

Happy New Year old fart 😉

That about sums it all up Pros. LOL!!

MK

If only things were that easy eh? I just hope it's at least a little bit of a smoother ride on this new rubber.

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2020 at 5:07 PM, MiKro said:

My balance is still questionable due to the previous stated problems. LOL.

I wish I could stand up and put my socks on, and I don't have any of those previously stated problems.:D

On 1/2/2020 at 5:07 PM, MiKro said:

all is well in Planet Houston?

It's probably a lot like planet Dallas. The sun comes up every.....most days, most of the people are smiling, most of them are great people....till they get behind the wheel of an automobile, and then they are all assholes,.<_<

SR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watching news, I better finish this damn guitar so I get a chance to play it. ffs

It appears that instead of trying to save the only planet we have, the powers that somehow be are just bickering, fighting over money (see money laundering, corrupt real estate trading, oil/gas/gold, Cyprus, Turkey, Russia, sea of Azov, Bosphorus, etc) and stepping on the gas. 

Truly, what we do as individual people makes nearly zero change to any of this compared to industry and government. 

9 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Truly, what we do as individual people makes nearly zero change to any of this compared to industry and government. 

Exactly.

SR

Built a headache rack(no louvers, just something to tie bottles to) and got my welder in, plus new tires.

20200112_150920.jpg

• Like 1

Today and yesterday were super manly. Yesterday my buddy bought an old piece of crap tractor that has been basically shit on for years. The fuel filters were last changed in march of 06, FFS.

So we trailered it to it's new home and started shredding only to find out too late the fuel cock was turned off and we ran the lines dry.

So today I replaced the battery ground with one that would let the battery tray swing out and I changed the fuel filters, bled the lines, and finally got it going. Shredded a small patch.

Tomorrow I will install a new radiator hose, flush the system,  and shred more. I ordered a 1 line alternator to retrofit in to replace the old generator that probably doesn't work well.

The good news is it's a Ford 2000... so it's damn near unkillable. 

20200117_175511.jpg

• Like 3

Just got off from a conversation with Melvyn Hiscock. He has a new book coming out soon. Watch for it. many updated things in it. :) He indicated he would be popping in here soon.

MK

• Like 1

Cool. I'm sure I'll buy it when it comes out.

I've finished the tractor work. Aside from fuel filters and battery ground I had to replace the #2 injector line, installed the oldsmobile one wire alternator(which required me to make a bracket to adapt it), replaced the pto internal and the lever, installed a new coupling on the shredder driveshaft, deleted all outdated wiring, flushed and replaced motor oil, transmission oil, and differential hydraulic fluid, removed and replaced the old steering wheel and installed a cushy new seat, radiator hoses, flushed coolant system, installed new exhaust... that might be all of it.

Spent about 20 hours shredding so far.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:05 AM, westhemann said:

Yeah I've recently become unable to put my socks on standing up. I still forget and try though.

Do you end up crashing into the wall and doing your shoulder in?

No, it's not a balance issue. It's that my back won't let me pick my leg up and bend over at the same time. I have to sit down.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, westhemann said:

No, it's not a balance issue. It's that my back won't let me pick my leg up and bend over at the same time. I have to sit down.

If it's just stiffness because of hard work you can do some stretching excercises. When it goes to the point where you can sit down and stand up only by using the arm rests of a chair to lift the weight of your upper body, and you can't stand straight without bending your knees, and it takes 15 minutes of painful inching towards the edge of your bed in order to get to the bathroom and when you finally get there in a sitting position you can't drop because it hurts your back, not to mention that you can't lift yourself off the pot since there's nothing to lean on so you end up laying on the floor and can't get up... Wisdom by experience...

The first symptom often is similar to yours. Also when looking at the mirror standing straight my breastbone is slanted. If I don't hurt I have found out ways to stretch to immediately retain a straight posture. If it already has gone bad and locked the muscles in my back it's time to visit the ostheopath who has specialized into cracking the locked muscles. You can't imagine the feeling when you can walk properly after only some 15 minutes after you've literally crawled to the appointment!

• Like 1