Entry for November 2018's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
ENTER HERE!

westhemann

Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

I hope I feel the same later when the dust settles. It's a new version EVH 5150 III, so I really shouldn't need ANY OD pedal. I've got a Lovepedal Eternity Burst, Weehbo Bastard, a CB Galileo clone and Skreddy P19 clone I made, plus a bunch of other noisemakers. Really -  a delay and a phaser/flanger would probably do it. And I'm no EVH fan boy, it's just where I landed.

So how is my week so far? Outstanding!

Monday I went to work at the recycling place like always. Nothing too unusual. Then Monday evening was apparently destined to be "Night of the Killer Gallstones!"

The pain started as manageable, but by 8pm I was having no fun at all. It came to a point where I had two choices.

1) Drive to hospital

2) Shoot self in head with beloved .357

I think you can guess what my decision was. By 10 pm I was in the ER and they did an EKG and CT scan and found a bunch of gallstones and infected gallbladder. Shot me up with morphine, which didn't help much. Then they gave me something wonderful.

I don't know what it was, but damn. Anyway, long story short. I was transferred to a larger hospital and had surgery at noon yesterday. Gallbladder successfully removed laparoscopically. By 4 pm I was on my way home and now will be sleeping in my chair for a few days, since laying down feels like the Alien from the movies is trying to burst forth.

Good news is twofold

1)after it heals I will never have a gallstone again.

2) since the symptoms were heart attack-adjacent they tested everything there and said my heart is fine... which I've actually been worried about because of chest pain. Apparently all of the frequent chest pain was gallbladder related.

So now it is the time for boredom, as I can't even play my video game until I'm able to move better.

• Like 2

Aw that sucks but as you said, this is really good news all around. Speedy recovery. 

Do tell, what's your poison when it comes to video games? I'm currently ripping up Witcher 3 and loving it.

Been playing Destiny and Destiny 2. Destiny 2 has been a pretty terrible game so far(in comparison to the first) but it's slowly getting better. 

I'm hoping Anthem comes iut strong.

Turns out my resting heart rate is 78 bpm. Much better than I thought. I had it in my head that I was at risk for a heart attack, but according to the doctors that's not even an issue.

Now you can relax and go on to thinking about more important things....like beer and fine women.

SR

Well, this week my main concerns are pooping and waiting to be able to sleep in my bed, but sure... maybe next week I'll start thinking about those other things.

Edited by westhemann

Hang in there Wes.

I got the 5150 and even though its basically new, I’m giving it an overhaul. White tolex is not my thing, also don’t care about huge branding (i work in marketing).

So, white Tolex is off, all knobs changed to black, front grill / EVH stripe crap is moving to the back and plain grill to the front. New Tolex is wine. Should look not unlike a custom Soldano.

First pic is half knobs done, last is Tolex laid on for rough idea.

3324CC07-8200-4073-A7A4-A021AD4CDC37.jpeg

032B1974-8FE0-4945-BD2D-7BEE8B55BDD9.jpeg

7748EDCA-97EC-4109-9E88-0DEC1F3B35F5.jpeg

DF8F63A3-E51D-4FC6-B2DF-F5A29541ABF8.jpeg

• Like 2

Done. Hardware laid on for effect. I’ll let it dry really well before assembly.

1000000x better IMO.

62178141-9CCF-430D-90C4-4F71442C3375.jpeg

• Like 2

I agree- looking 100% better- but I have to admit- the first and only time I saw Randy Rhodes play- and the curtain came up- and the first thing I saw besides the lights on his pedal board (upper level at the Landmark Theatre )- was his WHITE Marshall head - I about shit myself. I didnt even know they came in white.  All my 14 yr old ass knew was it was the coolest thing I had ever seen, (like I had seen alot at that point in my life). 

Mr Natural -  Randy Rhodes was in mind many times while stripping this, he was one of my main influences. But then I also thought about all the later 80s garish hair metal stylings. RR white Marshall and black polka dot guitar - YES. White Marshall, pink guitar, feather boas and silver spandex - NO. I know it's only aesthetics, but just as in guitars, the aesthetics can really add or detract to the experience of the thing.

I feel 100% better. I'm starting to think I may even end up feeling better than I have for years. I think the constant gallbladder problem was affecting my overall well being.

• Like 1

Definitely. Both Nina and my sister have had theirs removed and it improved their apparent health a lot.

I was on YouTube watching a gallbladder removal surgery( really makes you cringe when you just had it done. Lol) and it linked me to another video that I thought was about post-surgery care. Turns out it was some quack doctor trying to convince people that gallbladder removal was unnecessary and detrimental to health.

All I could think was, "Well, this guy has never had a stone. Bet he changes his mind if he does.".

I didn't get a stone count. All I got was a doctor going "ooookaaaay... let's see about some pain relief."

Good enough. It felt like someone put a hot, tangerine sized rock right in the middle of my diaphragm. Now, though... all I can think about is that I wish I had some pictures. Something to show me what the hell was going on in there.

The post-op infection explosion of pus was interesting. That and it has made my habanero enchiladas more of a lottery as to how far you can venture from the relative safety of home or perhaps a bush.

Yeah. I'm working today for the first time since the surgery and I'm taking granola, Imodium, and water.