Entry for November 2018's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
ENTER HERE!

westhemann

Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

I spend a lot of time in my backyard. And taking off the shoes is among the first things I do upon getting there.

Most times even before pouring a beer.:)

SR

I'm sure that you're not the only person in this boat, Mike so perhaps seeking advice from others who have fallen through the cracks might help. I wouldn't call it dirty laundry as such....more that the US healthcare system is grossly weighted against you, and that speaking out about it is something more people need to do to enact change. It's terrible on so many levels, especially given how affluent the US is as a country yet still doesn't provide social healthcare yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prostheta said:

I'm sure that you're not the only person in this boat, Mike so perhaps seeking advice from others who have fallen through the cracks might help. I wouldn't call it dirty laundry as such....more that the US healthcare system is grossly weighted against you, and that speaking out about it is something more people need to do to enact change. It's terrible on so many levels, especially given how affluent the US is as a country yet still doesn't provide social healthcare yet.

Thanks Carl, I deleted it so as not to be a whiney ass. LOL. I'm just tired of getting screwed around by the doctors and the system. It appears all they want me to do is go away, crawl into a hole and die.

mk

well my beloved Univ of Georgia Bulldogs dropped to #8 after that crappy ass performance last week. how embarrassing. 

on the bright side of life- the monarch butterflies have shown up in Georgia this week and last-I counted 18 on my 2 butterfly bushes the day I took this pic. Glad I can offer them a meal on their long journey down to Mexico. The bushes took a beating from the winds that Hurricane Michael produced but survived well enough to help these little guys through. 

20181017_175320.thumb.jpg.7ddfd77e800ef873d4fddd2ab6c71d75.jpg

• Like 1

I brewed 12 gallons of a 12% imperial porter. Pretty happy about as all my brew experience went into this one and its near perfect so far.

• Like 2

Well today is the day to see the NEW Doctor. Thank you Jesus!!! Hopefully I will leave with a plan to remediate the current pain, address any other issues and get a sound reference as to when I may have surgery. The past few weeks have been absolutely mayhem as far as pain. I have been in pain 24/7 and basically bedridden now 23+ hours a day.  I am going Bat Shit crazy!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck. :)

MK

Good news, Surgery will be on December 10th, also not as invasive as the other ASS Hat doctor was going to do. I am pleased, have a lot to do in a short time though. The pain will be taken care of soon. :)

MK

• Like 1

ha I was thinking the same thing Pros. and sadly with the cost of health care in America these days-$6M may not be so far fetched hate to say. 

and for those youngins that may have no clue what we are talking about- a blast from the past

• Like 1

So this is what a fucked up back report from MRI looks like. December 10th I have surgery to fix this shit. Saw my cardiologist today Pre-Op for surgery is a go. Only have Internal medicine Doctor to sign off now. That will be after Thanksgiving.

MK

MRI FINDINGS:
Lumbar Spine: Nonspecific relative straightening of the lumbar spine, unchanged. L2-3 Grade I retrolisthesis measuring 2.2 mm and redemonstration of L3 on L4 Grade I anterolisthesis measuring approximately 3 mm. Vertebral body heights are maintained.
Diffuse lumbar discs desiccation and narrowing from L1-2 to L5-S1. L4-5 annulus fibrosis fissure. Diffuse anterior and posterior vertebral body bone spurrings worst at L2-3. Endplate degenerative fatty changes versus hemangiomas at L2-3 and L3-4. Bone
marrow signal is otherwise within normal limits. Redemonstration of L3-L5 laminectomies. Conus terminates at L1 level.

Evaluation of disc levels as follows:
L1-2: Redemonstration of circumferential posterior disc bulge, epidural lipomatosis, and bilateral facet arthrosis resulting in moderate thecal sac narrowing measuring approximately 5mm AP without foraminal stenosis.

L2-3: Redemonstration of circumferential posterior disc bulge, epidural lipomatosis, and bilateral facet arthrosis resulting in severe thecal sac narrowing measuring approximately 4mm AP without mild to moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis.

L3-4: Redemonstration of circumferential posterior disc bulge, epidural lipomatosis, and bilateral facet arthrosis resulting in severe thecal sac narrowing measuring transverse 3.8mm and AP 6.3mm with mild right and moderate left foraminal stenosis. The
posterior disc bulge is contacting the left exiting L3 nerve root.

L4-5: Redemonstration of circumferential posterior disc bulge and bilateral facet arthrosis without significant thecal sac narrowing or foraminal stenosis.

L5-S1: Redemonstration of circumferential posterior disc bulge and bilateral facet arthrosis without significant thecal sac narrowing. Mild to moderate right foraminal stenosis with the posterior disc-osteophyte protrusion contacting the right exiting L5
nerve root.

Mild degenerative changes in bilateral sacroiliac joints. Fatty muscular atrophy near the sacroiliac joints.
Component Results

My son would be able to interpret that very well, or at least be able to approach it. The information that you can acquire from an MRI examination is exquisite, which I guess is a good thing because there's no guesswork from hereonout. The biggest thing that stuck out to me is that the discs are herniated/inflamed and contacting the nerve bundles. That must suck absolute balls.

No wonder you're such a cantankerous irritable grumpy fractious old fart, Mike. 🤐

I'm off work this week thanks to adventures in my left knee. Likely meniscus damage. No MRIs for me (although it has been tabled) but the x-rays showed nothing other than a little osteoarthritis. Nothing excessive for my age though.

x-ray 4.png

x-ray 3.png

x-ray 2.png

x-ray 1.png