Guitar Of The Month vote - July 2018

Time to vote!  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click
HERE!

Welcome to the ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round!

The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page, plus an (all-important) shiny member profile badge.

Good luck to this month's entrants....as usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however don't let any discussion in this thread sway your vote! :thumb:

Polls will close automagically in the first week of August - as always, this thread is for open for discussion on this month's entries!

Nice entries this month, unfortunately only one is a regular member. It appears the others are just wanting to get that GOTM badge. No builds posted except for one, just an entry for the others. Nice beautiful work that no one else can learn from.

Oh well!! Obvious where my vote goes.

• Like 1

Hi Mikro,

I'm a little confused by your comments on this month’s contest. There are 3 submissions, and yes one of them is mine. All three of us are members. True, I just signed up recently, but I don’t understand why or if that should count against me. I also see that two out of three of us posted links to our build thread. Please don’t misunderstand my comments here. Im not trying to sway anyone’s opinions or push for votes. I guess I’m just wondering if I or the others did something wrong in the way we submitted our guitars? Winning GOTM is not what my post was really all about. My main goal was to share a very personal project with a group that has experience and knowledge about guitar builds and maybe get a little feedback. I have always loved looking through the archives and seeing the beautiful work that the members here do, and I’ve also used a lot of the tutorial section of this site as a valuable resource. Anyway, thanks for reading and looking.

Joe

17 hours ago, jpecc said:

Hi Mikro,

I'm a little confused by your comments on this month’s contest. There are 3 submissions, and yes one of them is mine. All three of us are members. True, I just signed up recently, but I don’t understand why or if that should count against me. I also see that two out of three of us posted links to our build thread. Please don’t misunderstand my comments here. Im not trying to sway anyone’s opinions or push for votes. I guess I’m just wondering if I or the others did something wrong in the way we submitted our guitars? Winning GOTM is not what my post was really all about. My main goal was to share a very personal project with a group that has experience and knowledge about guitar builds and maybe get a little feedback. I have always loved looking through the archives and seeing the beautiful work that the members here do, and I’ve also used a lot of the tutorial section of this site as a valuable resource. Anyway, thanks for reading and looking.

Joe

No problem Joe,

I'm an old fart so excuse me, I would like to see the build thread on PG not somewhere else. Yes it is open to all members I commend you on a great instrument. My thoughts are in the spirit of PG that those who put the time in here, posts the good and the bad, should benefit at equal rates.  Having no build thread here or at all diminishes my vote. Hopefully going forward we will see many more from you and enjoy your presence and contributions.

Mike

20 hours ago, jpecc said:

My main goal was to share a very personal project with a group that has experience and knowledge about guitar builds and maybe get a little feedback.

Hi @jpecc, feel free to open a post of your project here if you want feedback from us, better than posting in a forum which requires to be registered to see the post. Registrations usually take a couple of minutes and most of us lazy dogs are not willing to do. :D  But for some weird reason we love to see pics of people working so you will get some comments for sure. Your guitar looks really cool for a first attempt, you should definitely keep building more of them.

I voted for the one which is in the stage, because that's a real plus to me. I'm not fan of headless and I really don't like the signature in the top, but yeah... it's in the stage.

1 hour ago, psikoT said:

Hi @jpecc, feel free to open a post of your project here if you want feedback from us, better than posting in a forum which requires to be registered to see the post. Registrations usually take a couple of minutes and most of us lazy dogs are not willing to do. :D  But for some weird reason we love to see pics of people working so you will get some comments for sure. Your guitar looks really cool for a first attempt, you should definitely keep building more of them.

I voted for the one which is in the stage, because that's a real plus to me. I'm not fan of headless and I really don't like the signature in the top, but yeah... it's in the stage.

Thank you! Actually this was a prototype. Another one with some improvements coming soon.

4 hours ago, MiKro said:

I'm an old fart so excuse me, I would like to see the build thread on PG not somewhere else.

The problem is, that build process publishing is a huge time consuming hole. Doing it at multiple places is a stupid copy-paste job I never wanted to do, I'd better pay more attention to build itself and customer feedback. That's why I choose facebook where all of my customers have their accounts prior to PG or any other resource. This particular guitar was not public at all during build as I mentioned in the description.

54 minutes ago, Dmitry Sushkov said:

Thank you! Actually this was a prototype. Another one with some improvements coming soon.

The problem is, that build process publishing is a huge time consuming hole. Doing it at multiple places is a stupid copy-paste job I never wanted to do, I'd better pay more attention to build itself and customer feedback. That's why I choose facebook where all of my customers have their accounts prior to PG or any other resource. This particular guitar was not public at all during build as I mentioned in the description.

I never said it was easy. I understand though. :)

One thing I did notice while submitting my post to begin with is the file size allowed for uploads was very limiting. Every time I tried to upload a photo it said the file was too large. I had to resize all of my photos so much that the resolution is terrible. I see a lot of the posts from you guys having beautiful photos. What am I doing wrong here? How are you guys posting them with such clear resolution given the limited file sizes?

Also, sorry guys, when I posted the link to my build thread on owwm.org I didn’t realize you would need to register to see it. I thought non-members could at least view the content. My bad.

The objective of Guitar Of The Month has always been to welcome any and all, whether the entries are from forum regulars or those new to the site. The line is normally drawn when entries are placed as attempts at commercial advertisement. Even when this has been the case, GOTM tends to be passively self-regulated as more votes generally go towards entries by members who have shared ideas, their build's journey and interact within the forums.

Congratulations to @mistermikev on a well-deserved win; @Dmitry Sushkov @jpecc - you're both welcome to re-enter in Aug 2018's GOTM, and good luck.

@MiKro, we all know you're a well-meaning grump old fart 🤪 and voter choice is what makes GOTM work. Keep it up. (old fart)

• Like 1