New Member First Build

Hi guys (and gals)!  I am not just new to this site, but to guitar building as well.   I have created a YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6U6BfZTF3u_K2G-rql_HsQ ) to document my progress.  Once I complete a build, it will be given away to one of my subscribers who comments on at least one video of the build series.  I am certain I will make mistakes and do things differently from how the awesome luthiers on this site would and I welcome your feedback.  The first video is a review of the inexpensive kit I am using for my first build.  You can see it here.  I look forward to your comments and critiques.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, spottydog said:

A quick question in your videos you use a roll of clothes when finishing your guitar and I wondered what brand/kind they are as all clothes I can get in a roll all end up going fluffy after a bit. Many thanks 

Thank you for the kind words.  I know that I still have a ton to learn.  When you say "a roll of clothes", are you referring to the red terrycloth rags I used?  If so, they are just generic "bag-o-rags" polishing cloths.

I really like your videos. I enjoy seeing other people's methods on building and painting.  I would recommend some program for video like Vegas or iMovie to speed up footage when not talking and demostrating. Will save time for the viewer. I found myself fast forwarding the labor scenes because I was more interested in the result.

Other than that, keep doing what you doing, I am a newby builder myself and appreciate any info at this lovely craft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...