Hi guys (and gals)!  I am not just new to this site, but to guitar building as well.   I have created a YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6U6BfZTF3u_K2G-rql_HsQ ) to document my progress.  Once I complete a build, it will be given away to one of my subscribers who comments on at least one video of the build series.  I am certain I will make mistakes and do things differently from how the awesome luthiers on this site would and I welcome your feedback.  The first video is a review of the inexpensive kit I am using for my first build.  You can see it here.  I look forward to your comments and critiques.

Checked out vids and can recommend them to first time builders. They are very good. The pick guard cover is very cool and the shine on the tele is impressive. Keep up the good work look forward to seeing finished guitar. 

Welcome!

Been a bit distracted these past few weeks so have only just spotted this.  I'll try and find time to look properly this evening but looking great from first glance :)

A quick question in your videos you use a roll of clothes when finishing your guitar and I wondered what brand/kind they are as all clothes I can get in a roll all end up going fluffy after a bit. Many thanks 

10 minutes ago, spottydog said:

A quick question in your videos you use a roll of clothes when finishing your guitar and I wondered what brand/kind they are as all clothes I can get in a roll all end up going fluffy after a bit. Many thanks 

Thank you for the kind words.  I know that I still have a ton to learn.  When you say "a roll of clothes", are you referring to the red terrycloth rags I used?  If so, they are just generic "bag-o-rags" polishing cloths.

1 hour ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Welcome!

Been a bit distracted these past few weeks so have only just spotted this.  I'll try and find time to look properly this evening but looking great from first glance :)

Thank you so much.  I appreciate the feedback.

I really like your videos. I enjoy seeing other people's methods on building and painting.  I would recommend some program for video like Vegas or iMovie to speed up footage when not talking and demostrating. Will save time for the viewer. I found myself fast forwarding the labor scenes because I was more interested in the result.

Other than that, keep doing what you doing, I am a newby builder myself and appreciate any info at this lovely craft.

• Like 1